Snow Removal stuff

BKrois

Random pix I've taken/acquired over time. Here are a few old CT DOT pictures a friend sent

attachicon.gifblower.jpg

attachicon.gifoldplow.jpg

attachicon.gifsnowloader.jpg

attachicon.gifsnowloader1.jpg

Got loaded with dirt by one of these belt loaders on the NJ Turnpike Northbound in Linden at night doing fiber optic work with Creamer. Very messy the belt doesn't quite reach.

Rob

You could see G Fox in the back ground .Its what you call the fly over 84 e to 91n The Lady that ran it started the 40 hr work week and 15 min coffee and the rest of the U.S.A. fowled.

Are they blowing the snow on the streets/buildings below? If so I would not want to be there.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Don't know about the F-850 Super Duty as to location. But the Ford blower is on Rt 2?? And the Athey (I think) belt loader is on a ramp in Hartford.

Don't know about the F-850 Super Duty as to location. But the Ford blower is on Rt 2?? And the Athey (I think) belt loader is on a ramp in Hartford.

The blower looks like it is Rt 2 east going to Colchester and Norwich

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I was driving a fire department vehicle on an emergency call one snowy evening years ago when the road I was on passed under a highway bridge. At the exact moment I went under the bridge a plow

on the highway above dumped a load of snow completely covering my windshield. Needless to say, I now always check the bridge above when passing underneath. Lesson learned.

bulldogboy

must be a little more lax in ct than upstate ny? we cant blow or throw snow off bridges, cant even blow or plow snow INTO the Mohawk river from an above bridge, but can spend money to truck it, dump it on the river bank and ''let nature take its course'' letting it melt into the river. unreal.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Im sure those old US Army D7's weren't hard on the asphalt or anything. I remember growing up they used graders and wheel loaders to plow the streets here, the city and county together only had like 4 plows, and 2 of them probably didn't work. I think ever since the county highway dept here has bought Granites they are all equipped for plows and TDOT has bought who knows how many plow trucks in the last 20 years, of course most of the plows are on the original mold board still.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

TDOT and RCHD trucks, the RCHD truck has aluminum wheels, that was done by the driver, the guys that go to work there are there to retire and the county lets em fix up their trucks.

post-5240-0-15065100-1383262738.jpg

post-5240-0-27955000-1383262755_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-54346900-1383262773_thumb.jp

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Rutherford county highway dept is almost exclusively Mack trucks, only the two tons being other makes and TDOT is probably 70% Mack, almost all the heavy trucks are Mack again the two ton trucks are the other makes, mostly Freightliner and Sterling now. RCHD has a CH set forward lowboy truck and TDOT has a couple CL tri axle tracors and a couple CH set forwards, the only other heavy haul tractor I know of is an Autocar.

The northeast is Mack central for sure, I love the pics from up there, I just hate going there.

Umm-Mark, I believe a blizzard requires SNOW.

Is he looking at it coming his way?

Remember one year, forecast was snow in feet, not inches. Trucks were loaded, plows on, run and tested a dozen times. Everyone in at 7 am. Lunchtime-nothing yet. Called off at 5 pm.

We fiddlef---ed around all day

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Here's a couple from the blizzard in Jersey a couple years ago that I had found and saved...............................................Mark

Whew the weather looks rough, sucks to be out working in that! Lol.

• Like 2