Snow Removal stuff

BKrois

• 2 weeks later...

Joe just finished hooking up the controls in the morning. This replaced the R tandem that went to Africa. Mp7 @405hp, 8ll, 46 rears on Camelback. 17.5 ft Beau Roc but long with big space behind cab. Legal in NY for 72 and change.

Rob

post-8724-0-77036300-1390419673_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-61526800-1390419709_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-54707200-1390419744_thumb.jp

That's my old truck Bryan. Gulino's. It's an 01 with a 460, 18 Mack which just got back from H and H for synchros again. The first trans they found was defected these other ones the drivers are a little rough I suspect. 52 rears, 17.5 modified Beau Roc body.

One of the best line of garden tractors made. still go for big $$ used

attachicon.gifIMG_7663.JPG

Yep, JD 430 3 cylinder Yanmar Diesel. Not many out there in good condition. The 420 and 318 Onan gassers, 332 Yanmar Diesel, and 322 Yanmar gasser still bring big $$ for nice ones.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

the 405 is not bad I have an 07 for a few years it runs better than my 06 with a 460

He's happy with it so far. They had two for sale the other one went quick. He wanted bigger rears but that's what was around so. Those O'Neil trucks are long though.

On my drive from OH to PA today I witnessed a first on the PA Greenstamp. Driving east just past the toll booth, traffic was backed up in all three (3) lanes. About 1/4 mile ahead I could see a "double wide" plow. But the most interesting part was a regular truck/plow was in the left berm, double wide left and center lanes, and single trucks/plows in right lane and berm. So they were effectively clearing five (5) lanes (moving snow left to right). In back of them was a State Police with his lights on. Traffic was moving about 30 mph until Exit 18 (18 miles from toll booth). Interesting but frustrating. There did not seem to be much snow, perhaps they were "practicing".

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

We do that on RT17 in Jersey. Eight trucks in our crew curb to curb. One shot. It pisses a lot of people but that's what the state wants us to do. We don't do 30 either. We need the hours. The whole plowing thing in Jersey is just a big scam anyway.

Rob

• Like 1

I hear ya Rob! I was in Jersey a couple years back when you had the blizzard,never saw the NJTPK closed or the GSP! there were still abandoned cars on the GSP,i ran up from the AC area up to around Freehold,Route 9 was also a Cluster***k! I think Chris Cristy got caught with his pants down (he was on vacation I think?) NJ101.5 was really raggin' on the guy! I think right then and there he made up his mind NOT to let that happen again!.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yea he did and then we were getting called out 7-8 hours before any snow hit(not complaining). They have to keep the budget up so in the beginning of the winter we go out for everything and then later on when they burn up the budget on salt they wait to the last minute to call us out because they don't want to pay. Everybody is making something off everyone from the drivers to the owners to the state guys. You never really get the true deal with your hours. Somebody is making extra somewhere.