Growing Fame (of the two stroke variety)

Go to solution Solved by thomastractorsvc,

Ben,

Cool! I remember the guy filming that last video. We were all standing around shooting the breeze. You revved that thing so much some guy commented that you were going to blow the motor. Lol.

The second video when you were pulling the camper, Sandy and I were standing by the VW Vanagon camper watching you guys. I can see us in the vid.

Nice Videos Ben that ole IH Transtar4200 CornBinder of yours is getting popular on Youtube . :twothumbsup:

The 6V92 Sounds good & Nice restoration . & like those FREE Watts Mack Mud flaps . :thumb:

There is a farmer about 25 miles North of me is a friend of a buddy of mine who has a Transtar 4300 IH W/318 Detroit & 6" chrome turnouts I LOVE HEARING HIS IH Cornbinder pull out of the bottoms loaded w/ soybeans, wheat & corn

The Memphis Police Dept tried to write him a ticket for & I Quote: "Noise Poullution" A couple of years ago during harvest season while going to the elevator in North Memphis W/ a load of Soybeans .

the TN State Trooper (who is also the Diesel bears here now for the about the last 10 yrs) showed up & told the Memphis PD "You cant write him a ticket for "Noise Pollution" or straight pipes " they asked "why not?" the Full grown bear told him that 1 word on the truck that made him exempt from most everyone else : it had my acquaintances last name then the Magic Word FARM under his name & then the town he was from on the side of the door the MEMPHIS PD Let him go & the diesel bear told him have a safe ride LOL .

Gotta love that MAGIC Word FARM When it comes to a truck & bears sometimes :loldude:

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

A few years ago a guy was sent a letter from ATCA to never come back to Macungie because he made so much noise with his V12 Detroit. I was told that story this year at Macungie by the guy who sent the letter while you were making a lot of noise with your Detriot. Not everyone appreciates it. Mike

I wish they would send out more of these letters!!!!!

• Like 2

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

A few years ago a guy was sent a letter from ATCA to never come back to Macungie because he made so much noise with his V12 Detroit. I was told that story this year at Macungie by the guy who sent the letter while you were making a lot of noise with your Detriot. Not everyone appreciates it. Mike

Well he can go stick his head back into the sand so he can't hear it :banana:

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

That's the kind of thing that really ticks me off about clubs. I understand the noise I like to have a peaceful day to, however why not just go ask the person to please keep it to a minimum and let it go. I really doubt that the show was so small you couldn't find a place to talk and if asked nicely most people will say no problem, now if he just ignores them and acts like a dick then ask him to leave. I don't understand how that can warrant getting banned from a show and I hope he and anyone else he knows boycott the show in question just to prove a point. The ATHS club here locally is becoming such a pain to deal with their last truck and tractor show had 6 trucks, they have basically killed their own club.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I can understand both sides of this issue. An occasional albeit minimal "romp" on the throttle is okay. You will find a similar thing at car shows. The club could make a rule...no running of engines once parked...but no one likes a lot of rules. At a tractor show, attendees expect to see/hear tractors running and operating. Personally, I just park my truck and "chill out" with my fav cigar, visit with friends, and watch the scenery.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Just one time......Just one freakin' time I'd like to be walking past one of these kids romping on their weed eater at a show and have a rod come flying through the pan.........I would giggle my ass off right there on the spot. And then say "Hey!!! You're dumb, and you're an ass!!!! You're a DUMBASS!!!!"

I almost pissed my pants Randy hahahahahahhaha. Because i could see you doing that!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I remember last year there was a guy with a gray primered day cab (maybe a Pete? I forgot) revving the crap out of it when he was pulling in and all day you heard him juicing it. A couple guys said what an A-hole.

• Like 1

That's the kind of thing that really ticks me off about clubs. I understand the noise I like to have a peaceful day to, however why not just go ask the person to please keep it to a minimum and let it go. I really doubt that the show was so small you couldn't find a place to talk and if asked nicely most people will say no problem, now if he just ignores them and acts like a dick then ask him to leave. I don't understand how that can warrant getting banned from a show and I hope he and anyone else he knows boycott the show in question just to prove a point. The ATHS club here locally is becoming such a pain to deal with their last truck and tractor show had 6 trucks, they have basically killed their own club.

The guy had been warned several times before getting the letter.

It's A truck show!! Mrs Lubner! we some times have noise! OMG I hope I meet the dead line on the noise before I finish my R with the V-12!!!

LOL BULLHUSK

PS I think I'll park next to the guy with the Astro And we'll both hold our foot to the floor.

The Manungie truck show has been in the same location for the past 30 years and we would like to be invited back. It is in a residental area and surrounds the community pool. It is not just people at the truck show who can hear it. Yes, it is a truck SHOW. It is not a loudest truck competition. Trucks make a lot of noise to start with and then to make noise for the sake of making it is out of line. I am all for making noise at certain times. I love winding out my unmuffled Cummins in my Autocar DC75 or the 671 in my Autocar/Hahn when I am on the highway. They had a loudest truck and loudest air horn competition at Trucktober Fest last year. It was held on private property in an industrial area, not the middle of a community park. I go to a fire truck show in Harrisburg which has a parade from the Farm Show Complex to the River. Every year it is lights, sirens and horns the whole way. This year as we turned onto Front Street there were signs stating "NO SIRENS OR HORNS". I asked the show chairman if there had been a problem. He said "no, but we are in a hospital zone and we want to be invited back". A little common sense and self policing can go a long way. Mike

• Like 1

I remember last year there was a guy with a gray primered day cab (maybe a Pete? I forgot) revving the crap out of it when he was pulling in and all day

you heard him juicing it. A couple guys said what an A-hole.

Yeah it was a Pete. He was driving up and down the streets all day long coming back to the grounds in and out. He went to far.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Just one time......Just one freakin' time I'd like to be walking past one of these kids romping on their weed eater at a show and have a rod come flying through the pan.........I would giggle my ass off right there on the spot. And then say "Hey!!! You're dumb, and you're an ass!!!! You're a DUMBASS!!!!"

Something similar happened at an all-VW car show last weekend. A kid in a newer GTI decides to do a burnout in front of a crowd in an asphalt parking lot. 3rd attempt it made a loud bang and broke an axle. Boy did he look dumb.

As for the loud Transtar at Macungie, I was right in front of the truck when he stood on it. Okay, a few raps and it probably would have been fine..... but it went on and on it wasn't cool anymore. Not for that type of show anyway.

Now if you build a truck for noise and want to show it off bring it to Englishtown for the Diesel Drags on September 14th (cheap plug) and have at it. Heck you can even race it if you want. There'll be 20 other guys with 6/8/12-71's and 6/8-92's just like yours doing the same thing all day long. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Its okay to rev it up once or twice but over and over and over again is annoying. And i can see why since they're in a residential area at a park. On the road more noise the better.

Amen to that advice, SDog. My sediments exactly.

The guy had been warned several times before getting the letter.

The Manungie truck show has been in the same location for the past 30 years and we would like to be invited back. It is in a residental area and surrounds the community pool. It is not just people at the truck show who can hear it. Yes, it is a truck SHOW. It is not a loudest truck competition. Trucks make a lot of noise to start with and then to make noise for the sake of making it is out of line. I am all for making noise at certain times. I love winding out my unmuffled Cummins in my Autocar DC75 or the 671 in my Autocar/Hahn when I am on the highway. They had a loudest truck and loudest air horn competition at Trucktober Fest last year. It was held on private property in an industrial area, not the middle of a community park. I go to a fire truck show in Harrisburg which has a parade from the Farm Show Complex to the River. Every year it is lights, sirens and horns the whole way. This year as we turned onto Front Street there were signs stating "NO SIRENS OR HORNS". I asked the show chairman if there had been a problem. He said "no, but we are in a hospital zone and we want to be invited back". A little common sense and self policing can go a long way. Mike

Very well put Michael!

Ron

• Like 1