Sticker Shock

Superdog

Decided to replace the little amber lens marker lights on the '88 with chrome bullet markers,saw a set of 5 at Walcott last week for $99.95,but as we all know,you need a special center one for a Mack,so I just called my dealer to get a set ,4 standard and the short center one. Not in stock of course,so they ordered them . Picked them up Sat., $427.00 .I justa bout choked on my Skoal. My own fault since I didn't bother to check price first,but damn,I didn't dream they'd be that far outta line.

• Like 1

i got 5 (led) from I80, for the center light, I cut it down with hack saw to same lenght as stock. It had a flat rib in same spot, painted it with some chrome paint and then clear coated. On the roof and you cant notice the difference till they light up! bobo

i got 5 (led) from I80, for the center light, I cut it down with hack saw to same lenght as stock. It had a flat rib in same spot, painted it with some chrome paint and then clear coated. On the roof and you cant notice the difference till they light up! bobo

I wish I woulda checked Mack's price first , I woulda done the same thing.

That's what they are going to do with the old stuff price it so high that nobody will buy it and phase it out. I have the same problem with my International everything is discontinued or special order. Sometimes I get lucky and they will have new old stock. It is what it looks like.

Cheers, Rob

Sounds like someone needs to start making the "special" center light and sell them on flea bay. Cut down an existing light, get it plated, and match it with 4 regular lights. You would have to make money at half of the factory price.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

That's what they are going to do with the old stuff price it so high that nobody will buy it and phase it out. I have the same problem with my International everything is discontinued or special order. Sometimes I get lucky and they will have new old stock. It is what it looks like.

Cheers, Rob

Just like the entire meaning of "Built like a Mack truck", it IS slowly & systematically being reduced merely a badge on the front of a V-----, and even that will soon be replaced with a diagonal slash just as so many others have had there fate sealed by a merger or buyout.

Rick :thumbsdown:

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

LOL.....I would be afraid that I would wake up the next morning with vaseoline on my bottom, wondering where that came from.

mike

You mean your dealership uses a lube!! Lucky you, try it dry.

• Like 1

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

You guys need to call us here at Watt's! (Especially if you are a BMT VIP...5% discount on any order, no limits!) :)

I figured on normal parts,all Mack dealers had to use the same price book.What would set of 5( 4 regular and 1 short) OEM Mack bullet lights cost me?

Any word on the B-81 emblems?????

Almost nothing is reasonable through Mack anymore,the chrome started peeling off my grille (plastic) a year or so back a replacement grille is almost $1000.00!.................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Superdog, Watts is cheaper than that and they advertise the set online, oh and I have the trucklite part number for them I got mine for $26 each and got the one center one from Mack $60.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Winrock ahs the boxes in stock used and a few new, PAI makes em now too including factory style stainless tops, you can get em all thru Winrock they are one of the oldest PAI Master dealers out there.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 1 month later...

Decided to replace the little amber lens marker lights on the '88 with chrome bullet markers,saw a set of 5 at Walcott last week for $99.95,but as we all know,you need a special center one for a Mack,so I just called my dealer to get a set ,4 standard and the short center one. Not in stock of course,so they ordered them . Picked them up Sat., $427.00 .I justa bout choked on my Skoal. My own fault since I didn't bother to check price first,but damn,I didn't dream they'd be that far outta line.

Mike were those lights KD 516. Mike and I went to the truck show in Wilmington, Ohio today. there was a guy selling new lights, he had a set 4 long 1 short. Mike bought a new set of KD 516 for $68 and some change tax included. if anyone is interested I will post the phone#

Mike were those lights KD 516. Mike and I went to the truck show in Wilmington, Ohio today. there was a guy selling new lights, he had a set 4 long 1 short. Mike bought a new set of KD 516 for $68 and some change tax included. if anyone is interested I will post the phone#

Superdog, Watts is cheaper than that and they advertise the set online, oh and I have the trucklite part number for them I got mine for $26 each and got the one center one from Mack $60.

Pour Mike has probably has his head in the oven bout now!

• Like 1

I'm in interest, let us know the phone#.

The only reason to doubt - there's a picture on Watts webside shows the lights are original and completely reproduces the stuff on my roof.

I plan to refresh mines but want to be shure they'll look absolutely correct, not "close to be similar".

Have found just a body of the long kind on "Bigrigchromeshop" commented "copies OEM" for $66 apiece though.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I'm in interest, let us know the phone#.

The only reason to doubt - there's a picture on Watts webside shows the lights are original and completely reproduces the stuff on my roof.

I plan to refresh mines but want to be shure they'll look absolutely correct, not "close to be similar".

Have found just a body of the long kind on "Bigrigchromeshop" commented "copies OEM" for $66 apiece though.

www.slclighting.com 101 parker drive Andover, OH. 44003 phone # 1 800 938-0120. they also have the headlight buckets to fit about anything with the bezel. Ron

• Like 1