Here are a couple of big horses waiting for action- fall of 2005.

At the lay-down yard between Camp Liberty and Sather AFB, Iraq

Phil that shure looks like a HET we had at Cedar when I was there, makes me think of all the fun......yeah thats it. I hauled a couple of those up armored 7's and an Up armored 8, that sucker was heavy, I got pics of it somewhere here.

found it.......

post-5240-0-79841400-1397514762_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-95846000-1397514785_thumb.jp

post-5240-0-30218600-1397514797_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I was checking things out at our local Ritchie Bros. auction.

I wanted to share a pic of a Cat D11N. It was very cool, I have never seen a dozer that size.

attachicon.gifImage.jpg

I looked up some specs on line to go along with it.

2105.3 cubic inch, 3508 - 8 cylinder engine, produces 770 HP

weight - 211304 lbs compared to a D9N - 93789 lbs ( don't think that includes the ripper,but not sure)

Spent many a long lonely 12 hr night on one of them, going back and forth, back and forth,,,always kept slot deep enough to hold me in so I could get a short nap in reverse,,,randyp

Killer hauled my Komatsu D 41 to track shop today for new undercarriage, im broke now, (financially). I dint want a repeat of what happened coupla months back,,,randyp

post-4330-0-17540600-1397527701_thumb.jp

Filling in a beach in Milford so it will wash away by the end of the summer and we can do it again in 2 years...anyways this is there pushing, good size machine

attachicon.gifIMG_1875.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1877.JPG

In the late 60's they enlarged Revere beach, hauled in nice sand for couple months, hundreds of thousands of yards. They depleted several sand pits, ten wheelers, some tractor dumps, and large bulldozers pushing it. When they just finished the work a huge storm took all the sand out to sea in a couple of days. They did the job a second time, "the good ole days" .

FW

In the late 60's they enlarged Revere beach, hauled in nice sand for couple months, hundreds of thousands of yards. They depleted several sand pits, ten wheelers, some tractor dumps, and large bulldozers pushing it. When they just finished the work a huge storm took all the sand out to sea in a couple of days. They did the job a second time, "the good ole days" .

FW

This is the secong time for us doing it. Got probably 10 trailers and 15 triaxles hauling. Has to be done by May 11th.

• Like 1

Must have hit some rock and didn't want to blast probably.

• Like 1

All the topsoil is spread and house is finished..no where else to bring it I suspect

• Like 1

that old detroit powered euclid sure rings a bell l ran an 8240 for many hours

other dog - are those old dozers D7's or D8's? Could you take some close-ups of them for me? Some day I'd like to build a model of a Vietnam-era Rome plow and the references are pretty hard to come by. Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day

Paweł

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, other dog! Very interesting photos, especially that partially disassembled one. So now if anybody has some photos of the old D7E, I would appreciate them a lot!

Thanks again and have a nice day

Paweł

A couple.

Rob

post-8724-0-57686800-1404057498_thumb.jp

post-8724-0-55503200-1404057509_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I sold all my cranes last year after spending 40 years building the business. To keep the Tax Man from getting half of the sale, I took this package of new Deere machines as partial trade. I hope these will help me pay my insurance and cell phone bills in my golden years. The other pic is the only "paying" job I've done with the 700K so far. Sweet dozer..!

post-9482-0-76538200-1406289016_thumb.jp

post-9482-0-91199500-1406289063_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very nice!

Yup, not too many miles on the dozer when there is still paint on the pads.

• Like 1

I have owned it for 11 months and the hour meter is showing 11 hours. Most of them was the Deere dealer walking it in and out of the shop installing the screens and sweeps..!! I have worked the other machines more tho'..!!

Your missing a loader backhoe, then you would have everything covered.

Nice looking fleet!!!

• Like 1

I sold all my cranes last year after spending 40 years building the business. To keep the Tax Man from getting half of the sale, I took this package of new Deere machines as partial trade. I hope these will help me pay my insurance and cell phone bills in my golden years. The other pic is the only "paying" job I've done with the 700K so far. Sweet dozer..!

Nice dozers-friend of mine has a 550-makes a hack like me look good :)

• Like 1

Nice dozers-friend of mine has a 550-makes a hack like me look good :)

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHH it will get back.