Never trust your GPS!

I always say...know where you are going before you turn on the GPS or as a friend calls it "bitch in the box".

Gotta check it first. The bitch on my dash has nearly gotten a black eye a few times for stoopid directions. Good for things like eta, heading, speed etc, but I'm the boss and know how to get there. Good for highway exit reminders too.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Good Gravy loo at that Red Head! I likes that one... I Like it a Lot, LOL! I just dont trust the GPS I look at a map before I leave, jot down the big turns on my route and then if I have a GPS let it follow me, I use it for a quick map for detours or just o see my trip progress but I just have trust issues letting something else navigate for me.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I knew where I was going and had the trip planned....where it told me to turn was a blue line for a river, I mistook it for my previous path (coming down)!!!

I picked up the redhead (I called her the contortionist), you can read our story on PlayMateTrueStories.com!

• Like 1

Can't beat up to date paper maps....

I'm lucky to get to run the same areas (more often than not), and have become more familiar with them....but if I have to go somewhere new, I always check with Mr. Rand-Mcnally first...m

I agree a lost art in buying/owning and being able to use a map. I actually had a lot of trouble trying to buy maps for my areas I work in.

Cheers, Rob

Yeah I used to go to a couple gas stations here and they had most maps of the central US by state and large city, now I get what I can where I can, I still like the DeLorme state atlas and gazeteers they have hiking trails in em even.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

MapArt and Rand-McNally for me in southern Ontario. Run mostly inter city, but the "back road atlas" has paid for itself....damn I hate getting lost.