Macungie thoughts

mike69mackman

David - missed seeing you at Macungie. Did you have "orange" on the back of your truck? If so, need I say any more?.... :whistling:

Yes Little Orange was on the trailer. But at 11 mph I would have arrived about Tuesday.

• Like 1

I say 140k miles on a pickup is bare broken in. My shop trucks all except one have over 200k -

99 f350 7.3l - 280,000

1999 Chevy 2500 gas - 235,000

1998 Dodge 1500 5.2l - 242,000

1996 Dodge 1500 5.2l - 215,000

1997 Dodge 1500 5.2l - 120,000

Any of these trucks I would drive anywhere.

I have about 500 pictures I took at the show I will be uploading to my photobucket later today. I'll start a post with the link when it's done.

We missed the photo at noon too busy looking at trucks. We ended up purchasing the Cruiseliner cab off Matt Pfahl and have to pick it up later this week. I want to put out a big thanks to Watts Mack for helping out with the "paperwork" and to a few of members of BMT (Barry,Farmer52(Ken),Mack MHe9(Ray),sm54(Steve), and Doug Maney) who helped sort out or arrange shipping and storage of the cab. We drove out in our GMC Terrian and left our truck and trailer back in Pittsburgh not thinking we were going to be purchasing a cab or truck. I can't say enough good things about Doug Maney, his wife, and daughter for arranging storage off-site until we get out back out to Macgunie next week! They were instrumental! It goes show there are still good people out there and most of them like old trucks. It was great running into sm54 Steve and shooting the breeze, gimme a holler if you're in the Pittsburgh area in your trips running the superliner and being a truck driver instead of mechanic! looking forward to getting the Cruiseliner project rolling again. I'll keep YINZ updated with some pics along the way.

I say 140k miles on a pickup is bare broken in. My shop trucks all except one have over 200k -

99 f350 7.3l - 280,000

1999 Chevy 2500 gas - 235,000

1998 Dodge 1500 5.2l - 242,000

1996 Dodge 1500 5.2l - 215,000

1997 Dodge 1500 5.2l - 120,000

Any of these trucks I would drive anywhere.

I have about 500 pictures I took at the show I will be uploading to my photobucket later today. I'll start a post with the link when it's done.

Mine's a 4 cylinder unit...looking for any lame excuse I can come up with.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I want to put out a big thanks to Watts Mack for helping out with the "paperwork" and to a few of members of BMT (Barry,Farmer52(Ken),Mack MHe9(Ray),sm54(Steve), and Doug Maney) who helped sort out or arrange shipping and storage of the cab. I can't say enough good things about Doug Maney, his wife, and daughter for arranging storage off-site until we get out back out to Macgunie next week! They were instrumental! It goes show there are still good people out there and most of them like old trucks.

Awwww Shucks...

I thank you for you comments. The ATCA is full of fantastic members that will typically go above and beyond to lend assistance. It just so happens that you got directed to me. I was glad to be able to help.

There are many similar stories that circulate around the ATCA National Meet every year. One I heard this weekend from an ATCA convert was a couple of years old. He was at the show and was out of fuel. One of the local ATCA members ran him for fuel, primed it and got it started again. He was blown away by the hospitality.

I am thrilled to have my wife, Vickey and our daughter, Erica at the show. They have a good time selling the merchandise and meeting all of the people that know me. I always regret not getting to speak to everyone but, there were just a few things that needed attention...

Thanks for the kind words.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Doug, great thanks for the work you have done. Too hope your wife and daughter enjoyed the way they were being involved. And it definitely looks like I have a brain storm. Spent a great time with Randy Y today. Man, thanks a lot for help on my visit and everything good!!!

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Glad to hear it was a great turnout. Onna these days I'll get there?

Did anyone find Rob? I got an email saying he's going, but doesn't have a phone with him.

He sent me an e-mail too, and I didn't even see it until today. He sent it to my hotmail account,which I don't use that much anymore. Just read one from Old Bill last week that he sent a month ago. I thought you were joking about Rob's phone being in the well! He said he planned on going to Lititz and bringing the R model.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

As always a GREAT show. Thanks to the many ATCA board members and staff that worked so hard to pull it off in spite of adverse weather conditions. As Doug has said many times "This is the best truck show in the world" and if you have not been there you need to make it no matter what.

I talked two of my friends into coming this year and neither one can stop talking about the show.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

What a great event/show! I just wish I had come up maybe a day earlier! we arrived sat.about 9AM,i did the flea market vendor areas first (to get it out of my system)the went to Watt's tent,got my name tag and finally got to meet Barry and his guys.I did get to meet quite few BMT members,Leversole,Farmer52,57BCR,Joe Ditchkus,MH Fred,39 BabyMack,DCR,Jumper and son,FWD randy,Vlad and his son, and I know a lot more I just cant remember right now! my only disappointment with sat.was we went over to the factory/museum tour at around 2:00 and by the time we got back a lot of the trucks were leaving,so I didn't get to see a good many of them,and I was really hoping to be able to "shoot the shit" with everyone a little more,(i'm a lot more windy in person,and can talk a lot faster then a can type!) but all in all a great show! I really enjoyed the time we spent,NEXT YEAR,i'm going to plan a little better,and allow for more time in Macungie! My thanks again to Doug and all the ATCA members for a great show!.............Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yeah, the excuse your pickup has 140k miles is a poor one. - LOL - You were tied up by the Windfall wimmins, admit it.

JT,sorry I didn't get a chance to meet meet you,i did see you,but I had like a million things going on sat.!...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

we were around til about 5 pm sat and I was kinda disappointed at the amount of trucks leaving early. people were pullin out around 2 pm and a lot of the flea market venders were packin up to. glad I went thru the flea market at noon on Friday.

Thats about when folks start to leave.....remember people come from all over the US for Macungie...and want to get home at a decent hour on Sunday to have some of Fathers Day with their families.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Had a GREAT time at the show,as usual! Good to meet you guys at the Watt's tent.Thanks again,Barry for the name tags.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

http://s631.photobucket.com/user/yardo1075/library/?sort=3&page=1

HERE IS THE LINK TO MY PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM, 475 PICTURES TAKEN BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.

NOTE: A bunch of pix of "Small" just bypass obviously, there's more truck pix past him. I will edit and add comments at some point. Getting ready now to head out to get Vlad and Ilya and go see what kind of shit we can get into errr ahhh I mean see what kinds of things we can find to do today.

Great Photos, Thanks again for posting.