Macungie thoughts

mike69mackman

You people make me want to cry...might try to plan my vacation around it next year if I last that long.

Yeah, the excuse your pickup has 140k miles is a poor one. - LOL - You were tied up by the Windfall wimmins, admit it.

• Like 2

So did Vinny ever appear???

And guys I have to apologize, especially to DCR.....I totally forgot about 2:00 and by the time I remembered, "Small" was sound asleep- after an especially grumpy few hours, and he desperately needed to sleep for an hour or two, and woes everyone if he gets woken up, so I let him sleep. It was great to see everyone!!!! I just dropped Vlad and Ilya off at the hotel, they seemed to be in "sensational overload." LOL We're going to see a private truck collection tomorrow in Jersey somewhere, then getting his rental car, and then we're going to relax at my house the rest of the day and Imma gonna make em one of my firehouse specialties- spaghetti & hand made meatballs for dinner.

Vinny did show up. He was on the slow bus getting back from the Mack tour and missed the picture but did show up and Dennys rolling estate for the cake and coffee hour. That strawberry shortcake thing was excellent.... MMmmmmmmmm

By the way I was the one who had passed you in the gray Dodge Ram on 78 going up that first hill and beeped.

• Like 1

So did Vinny ever appear???

And guys I have to apologize, especially to DCR.....I totally forgot about 2:00 and by the time I remembered, "Small" was sound asleep- after an especially grumpy few hours, and he desperately needed to sleep for an hour or two, and woes everyone if he gets woken up, so I let him sleep. It was great to see everyone!!!! I just dropped Vlad and Ilya off at the hotel, they seemed to be in "sensational overload." LOL We're going to see a private truck collection tomorrow in Jersey somewhere, then getting his rental car, and then we're going to relax at my house the rest of the day and Imma gonna make em one of my firehouse specialties- spaghetti & hand made meatballs for dinner.

My hat's off to you Randy, for taking care of Vlad and Son- well done! I'd do the same if I could, just goes to show you that people everywhere just pretty much want the same thing, and the gummint- never mind all the political garbage, they want to kill us all- thank you for making Vlad and Son's visit as enjoyable as possible.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It was the great day, guys, for sure.

Bunch of beautiful trucks, nice weather, good food and so on.

I came into conclusion though being meeting you, my lovely friends.

Probably needed whole a month of time to talk with everybody and look well over every your truck.

Still have a feel that I missed much interesting and important.

So here is my pare of cents on the thoughts.

Anyway I enjoyed the meeting too much.

DCR, it was very nice and friendly from your side to make the cake party.

Vlad.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I'm currently downloading the 400+ pics that I took yesterday and today onto photobucket. At the speed the computer is going, it will prolly take half the night, I'm just gonna let it run and go to bed. As soon as it's done I will post the link here so that whoever didnt make the show can enjoy.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Just got back from Macungie -600 plus miles in two days- unfortunately I think ATCA missed an opportunity. Remember at Springfield they finally passed out windshield cards that you could post your e-mail ID on. good idea. While I did not take my truck down, it would have been nice to notice some "e mail handles" on some windshields.!

Actually only truck I recognized was Maddog's-and I forgot to leave a card on his windshield. One other thing, IMO the Mack museum has been further improved-at least since my last visit. The "Mack Theater" had a good show that did a good job of hyping "Mack Pride". actually made me forget that there are some guys in Sweden who probably have other ideas. And for those who didn't make it to the museum, a buddy of mine told me about "500 white chassis" that were sitting in the back lot of Macungie plant. Well in the museum they had what I imagine was one of those trucks- huge Granite, 12:00 x 24 rubber-yes 24!, not 24.5, equipped with dual front ends-and NO DEF tank-headed for Mexico! Yeah shame on me-no picture.

Sorry I was AWOL today. First Macungie show I've missed in 16 years. At 3 am when my pickup overheated for the third time I aborted the mission. Looks like it was a great show with some new faces. Randy, thanks in advance for all the pictures.

Maybe next year I can make it up there & meet some of yall . JT Ya talk bout trucks w/ 140k miles how bout a 19 yr old GMC 2500 W/ A WORE OUT 350 W/ 479K Miles bad valve guides & a 8 to 10 mpg? . :P & also meet my buddy 58 FWD that helps keep me motivated in the gym . Matter fact Randy the show was on my mind when I was working out today. After 7 yrs of not owning a truck of my own im having with drawls of owning another :mack1:;):P

Maybe by next year I can get that Toyota Tacoma or Nissan Frontier p/u I want to ride in so when I want to go out of town I can leave "jimmy" (my 94 GMC 3/4 Ton) @ home.

I Missed going to MATS In Louisviille this yr w/ a couple of buddies . but always wanted to go Macungie truck show though its a bit of a drive from W.Tn

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Sorry I was AWOL today. First Macungie show I've missed in 16 years. At 3 am when my pickup overheated for the third time I aborted the mission. Looks like it was a great show with some new faces. Randy, thanks in advance for all the pictures.

David - missed seeing you at Macungie. Did you have "orange" on the back of your truck? If so, need I say any more?.... :whistling:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

http://s631.photobucket.com/user/yardo1075/library/?sort=3&page=1

HERE IS THE LINK TO MY PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM, 475 PICTURES TAKEN BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.

NOTE: A bunch of pix of "Small" just bypass obviously, there's more truck pix past him. I will edit and add comments at some point. Getting ready now to head out to get Vlad and Ilya and go see what kind of shit we can get into errr ahhh I mean see what kinds of things we can find to do today.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS