Twisted Sheetmetal

Picked this up on friday from my buddy. He backed into it with is Fiat-Allis highlift. How he missed the bumper is beyond me. So it's in for that repair and some ther small repairs. It has a 237 with a 9 speed roadranger on 44k camelback rears. This truck drives, rides, and runs like a dream. My 11 month old daughter loved riding on her mummy's lap and grabbed the gear shift as soon as I got out. I guess its in her blood too lol

post-262-0-13650000-1370868192_thumb.jpg

post-262-0-43597200-1370868205_thumb.jpg

post-262-0-99882600-1370868216_thumb.jpg

post-262-0-61860600-1370868231_thumb.jpg

post-262-0-02864000-1370868243_thumb.jpg

post-262-0-51981700-1370868253_thumb.jpg

post-262-0-03816200-1370868410_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That's too bad. The more B's in the fleet the better!

Looking at the photos again, it appears to have an newer front hubs and probably axle as well. With some strategic pulling, that fender can be brought back. The good old days when fenders were made out of real steel.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

looks like a B53 to me. all the B53's had that style hub with a straighter front axle. I like the motor and transmission combo and,. that fender probably could be fixed if it had to be. the older B models had heavier fenders and doors. youll know cause you need a ball peen hammer to fix a dent rather than a body hammer. after around 62 they cheapened up the doors and fenders.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

There was a lot of work done to this truck about 15-20 years ago. I believe that was the original axle. My dad used to work and drive this truck 30 years ago for the concrete company he worked for. Then it was sold to the current owner who got a new dump body on it and had it rebuilt. Yeah its a local company, he had 3-4 valueliners and R-models hauling dry-bulk cement before he Down sized and sold off the other trucks. I had them post for sale on here they were nice trucks as well....350 e6 12 speeds Mack air ride and 300+ 12 speed nd neway air ride.... I almost bought one but I had just bought my cruiseliner that same summer.

looks like a B53 to me. all the B53's had that style hub with a straighter front axle. I like the motor and transmission combo and,. that fender probably could be fixed if it had to be. the older B models had heavier fenders and doors. youll know cause you need a ball peen hammer to fix a dent rather than a body hammer. after around 62 they cheapened up the doors and fenders.

The B-53 used a Rockwell front axle (straighter)with those hubs on it.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

yup looks like a B53 with the straight axle. would seem right as most B53's I have seen were cement trucks or dump trucks and had weird specs like a 10 speed overgear transmission and power steering and the fishbelly frame. cant tell in the pics if that truck has the fishbelly frame but either way its a sweet truck

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

yup looks like a B53 with the straight axle. would seem right as most B53's I have seen were cement trucks or dump trucks and had weird specs like a 10 speed overgear transmission and power steering and the fishbelly frame. cant tell in the pics if that truck has the fishbelly frame but either way its a sweet truck

I'll look at the serial number and talk to my dad he knows the history of the truck.. Now you got me thinking..

• 6 months later...

I think B-53'S used a Tri-plex that was only used in vocational trucks it had gearing like a Quadbox unlike other Tri-plex's were geared for on highway mostly. i do not remember seeing many vocational Tri-plexes.Does anyone know the reason why Mack built it as it was geared close to Quadboxes? Thanks Joe D.

That transmission was the TRTX670,10 speed overgear Triplex,lo-lo on the aux. was toward the dash to the left,lo towards the dash to the right and hi straight down,Lo-lo was for 1st and reverse only,and you didn't split 5th.. my 2 matched '64 B53's have this transmission. They also have the 673 with rotary fuel pumps.