Pics of my B61LT

Thanks guys! I decided to spend a little more on a truck that was pretty solid. Probably paid too much but runs really well and has almost all od its original parts. I need to do some wiring for some reason when they converted it to negative ground and alternator there was alot of cut wires. I am going to re-do interior next since the floor is completely rust free. lots of dyna mat and new firewall insultation to try to keep some of the noise and heat down. I am in desparate need of glove box hinges and knob if anyone knows of some. I wish I had more time to work on it but I am a professional car painter and work about 60 hrs a week. If anyone needs any advice for painting let me know.

Wheels look fantastic, like those 2 piece rims! Did you paint the rims with the tires on or off? I'd like to paint my rims with the tires off but the paint gets destroyed pounding the lock ring back on.

Looks great. I like the reaction you got at the cruise ins. I'm trying to get my B 61 ready for a local show and some of the cruise ins. Are you going to dyna mat the entire cab along with the floor? It seems like that would eliminate a lot of the noise and heat. Keep up the good work. Harry

Nice truck! I am in the process of negotiating the purchase of a 1958 just like it that is in super shape but I do not know what it is worth in its working clothes. The truck is 100% complete except for the glove box door and the bull dog off of the passengers side of the hood. Any ideas of current value?

I would like to see your truck in person some time I am in Denver.

Nice truck! I am in the process of negotiating the purchase of a 1958 just like it that is in super shape but I do not know what it is worth in its working clothes. The truck is 100% complete except for the glove box door and the bull dog off of the passengers side of the hood. Any ideas of current value?

I would like to see your truck in person some time I am in Denver.

It depends on where you are located, what kind of shape it is in and what you are willing to pay. Think about it like this, what does it cost to replace the floor, reupholster seats, missing parts, rechrome then think about mechanicals, clutch, batterys, wiring brakes, windsheild gasket, etc... How much can you do yourself?

I have a spread sheet for what I have put into mine and I am not making a historical show peice, Just in parts I am in about $3100 and I did all the work myself with some help of my mom inlaw (upholstery) My neighbor some aluminum welding (fixing broken emblems and a fuel tank bracket) My Wife holding things, My Son holding things, My Daughter holding things. I still have some minor stuff to finish and find but all said done I think a fair price would be around $8K for mine now. When I bought my truck it was running but need repairs, I have pictures posted so you can see the work that I have done. I was able get some parts from fellow BMT members, Watts and some wholesale warehouses becuase I set up business accounts.

If it is running and operational I would think $2500-$4000 for one that needs to be restored, just depends on how much body work,mech work, tires, whats it missing. If its not running then I would only offer scrap price maybe a little more if it was in good shape otherwise.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Awesome B - Love the color blue - As for overpaying you know as a body guy that a little more money spent on a better truck will save you thousands down the road. Good luck with it and make a video of that dog going down the road!

Thanks guys. I had the rims and hubs sandblasted and powdercoated when I had all the bearings and brakes done. I am going to dyna-mat the floor and they have this silly string looking undercoat made by 3m or Kent that comes out of a special gun ( all body shop guys will know what this stuff is. It really cuts noise down. I am going to coat over the dyna mat and put a coat in all the cabareas including up top. Jt, my wife took a video of me on her I-pad but I need to figure out how to get it on here or set up a youtube deal. I love your general by the way and signed on every day excited to see you fire it up for the first time. Those detroits do sound cool in their own special way. Sbateman, it is awesome to see someone else in my area getting a b model. We definately need to hook upand compare trucks!