Another one bites the dust

farmer52

Dump your fire extinguisher in the air intake it'll stop.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

:SMOKIE-LFT: What a friggin bunch of retards!!!!!! all some one had to do it put the damm thing up in high gear and dump the clutch. One of the only times it would be acceptable to jam it in gear if you have to. Had to do it myself before. My buddy has a 444 Cummins and it tried to run away when it blew the turbo a couple years ago. He made the mistake of kicking it out of gear when the turbo blew, he said he wasn't long jamming it into gear. Scares the $#%t out of you when that happens, but I'd rather tow it to the shop to put a rbo on it then tow it to the scrap yard.

Dump your fire extinguisher in the air intake it'll stop.

The freightliner dealer at okla city lost one a few years back and it had two air cleaners on it. It would not stop but if it had one air clener it would have choked down. It ran a total of 60 min and the traner that was there that day said the turbo melted down and poured engine oil into the intake fueling it more and after it pumed all of the oil out it latched up the crank.He said the black smoke was so bad they shut I 40 down for a while.It started a fire and burnt the cab and a door in the shop.It was a peec engine and the mechanic go the BTM in wrong and thats what happen.I talked to the mechanic two weeks later and he was still shaking.

glenn akers

Sounds to me like the driver steering wheel holder had no clue what was going on. You can hear him say "We made it about a mile down the road and it won't turn off, it's running wide open blowing smoke..."

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Sounds to me like the driver steering wheel holder had no clue what was going on. You can hear him say "We made it about a mile down the road and it won't turn off, it's running wide open blowing smoke..."

Steering wheel holder had no clue what was going on. I like that one. I would say that truck had a loose nut behind the steering wheel. LOL.

What an idiot. A good driver would have took a hammer or wrench and got the fuel line off the pump then if the turbo was putting oil in the motor take the oil supply line off and it will shut down and not blow the motor up. If that was my truck that idiot steering wheel holder would be looking for a job. Like I always say drivers are a dime a dozen but a good driver is hard to find. Maybe it is just that i'm an owner operator and I pay the bills.

• Like 1

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

Makes you wonder........they'll stand there and watch it destroy itself, but won't jam it in gear to stop it> OH..don't want to hurt the clutch/tranny> WTH?? seems a bit cheaper then burning the truck to the ground.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

What an idiot. A good driver would have took a hammer or wrench and got the fuel line off the pump then if the turbo was putting oil in the motor take the oil supply line off and it will shut down and not blow the motor up. If that was my truck that idiot steering wheel holder would be looking for a job. Like I always say drivers are a dime a dozen but a good driver is hard to find. Maybe it is just that i'm an owner operator and I pay the bills.

I doubt I'd be disconnecting oil or fuel lines from a running truck with a hot engine....spray all of that fuel and oil onto the exhaust manifold and then instead of having a runaway engine, you'd have a krispy truck.

Instead, I'd take the knife out of my pocket and cut the rubber hose going into the intake manifold from the charge air cooler. Since the engine was being fueled by oil entering the intake at the turbo, that would effectively cut off the fuel supply and starve it. If it didn't quit running right away due to residual oil in the manifold, use the rubber floor mat to block off the air to the intake manifold and suffocate the engine.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I doubt I'd be disconnecting oil or fuel lines from a running truck with a hot engine....spray all of that fuel and oil onto the exhaust manifold and then instead of having a runaway engine, you'd have a krispy truck.

Instead, I'd take the knife out of my pocket and cut the rubber hose going into the intake manifold from the charge air cooler. Since the engine was being fueled by oil entering the intake at the turbo, that would effectively cut off the fuel supply and starve it. If it didn't quit running right away due to residual oil in the manifold, use the rubber floor mat to block off the air to the intake manifold and suffocate the engine.

It won't spray fuel when you take the fuel line off I have had to do it before. Just take the line off and hold your thumb over the supply line until it quits running. Its not a big deal better to do that than have a truck blowed up.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

On a mechanical engine, I suppose that would work...if it was running away on fuel. In the case of a blown turbo and an electronic engine though, fuel isn't feeding the engine...oil is. Disconnecting the oil supply line might stop the oil from flowing into the turbo to mix with the air flowing into the intake, but it has probably already stored up enough oil in the charge air cooler and the rest of the intake to keep on running for a while....longer than I'd want my trucks engine running that hard. Besides, how many drivers off the top of their head can tell you the wrench size needed to disconnect the oil supply line from the top of the turbo or the fuel line so that they could grab the right wrench quickly? Much easier to pull a knife from your pocket and cut a rubber hose right there on the left side of the engine...then grab the rubber floor mat and use it to suffocate the engine.

But, there really isn't any point in arguing about it....doing ANYTHING that might work to stop the engine is better than standing around with your thumb up your butt video taping the event....

If it were running on fuel, sure...cutting off the fuel source would work. Unfortunately, though, when the turbo blows and motor oil is introduced into the intake, the engine doesn't need any extra fuel source. Shut off the key, remove the fuel lines, etc....it'll keep running until it sucks the oil pan dry...which also means the moving parts of the engine (which have been moving at crazy-fast speeds) haven't been receiving the oil they need to keep lubricated and cool...then you'll have a fine looking boat anchor, 'cuz it won't be good for much else.

I agree with GG2. If you got enough head on your shoulder to think about leaving it in gear and standing on the brakes. But when things start happening you go to neutral or push the clutch in. Idk If I could shut it down without opening the hood great. If not it can grenade. We can all arm chair quarter back till it happens.

thank you.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Yeah well if you listen to the video the guy on the phone is a supposed mechanic, you can hear the supposed driver a couple times in the background then he starts to make excuses at the end of the video.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yes, I wouldn't have balls to open the hood either, and stand next to a 844ci, 5000 rpm grenade!! Ain't happening. If I couldn't get it in gear, then I'd run out of options quickly. I don't want to die trying to save a truck.

Yes, most later DD had an emergency air flap to shut them down. Remember back about 20 yrs, had a customer drop off at shop and couldn't get truck started again. Called a buddy and he told me about the soleniod for the flapper. I pulled it open manually and it started right up. Seems he lost power somewhere along the line.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"