Other trucks

RFCDrum

Ol' Crackerbox looks lonely in the background!..........................Mark

Those new GMC's looked so good an escaped convict came out of hiding to take a look. That's him standing in the center, and the FBI man that was tracking him, standing to the right, never even noticed him.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's a great old pic. Looking closely you can see that all of the axles are supported by jacks. Was this maybe a permanent display for a while? Still very cool anyway.

Even cooler was the fact that 2 of those trucks could be had with the 702 CI "Twin-Six" V12 gas engine. I'm not sure if you could get a Crackerbox with the V12.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

How many years ago it looks like they are putting up or taking down a sign behind the truck and with those wheels and tires it aint newer.

Probably mid 1978, it was when my Uncle and I went to pick up his new Marmon. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Figured it had been a while, I love looking thru old truck pics, I think I spent an hour or two on Hanks truck pics first time I saw it.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

This is a neat looking GMC picture. My Daddy bought a new '66 Chevrolet pickup the same color as the blue one except it had a white top.

This looks to me to be the NY Worlds Fair 1964-65 at the GM Pov. I could by wrong but they had a lot of trucks and even a train engine outside in there lot

BULLHUSK

• 2 months later...

I saw that brand new Western Star.

My guess is that he made so much money on Super Storm Sandy cleanup he got a new unit. Hunterdon County lost a lot of trees in that storm. Just a hunch.

I like the old school approach to Noto's rig. The Jones hood and old headlamps just scream 1955.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Yea I heard all of the tree companies were hurting a little bit since they gang busted everybody after the two past hurricanes. They made all that money and had to get rid of it. I like that Kenworth a lot and his matching tri axle short sided MAC trailer looks really cool.

"OLD" Mystic KW's? Like how "old"? 2 yrs-look pretty new to me. And Mystic is now "Anchor"-

Yeah, I probably should have omitted the "old" part. It seems like yesterday when they had gotten their first batch of T800's.