Fire Trucks on Craigslist

Road Trip

Call the SPCA; some of these dogs have been severely abused! What a shame that someone buys a nice truck and lets it sit outside to rust away, like the one from New Haven.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Call the SPCA; some of these dogs have been severely abused! What a shame that someone buys a nice truck and lets it sit outside to rust away, like the one from New Haven.

Yes, it's a shame when old Mack fire trucks are left out to deteriorate. The one from New Haven formerly served West Fairlee, VT. There is another picture of it

on www.firenews.org sitting in a field, presumably in Vermont. I think that it is a shame when a department gets rid of an old Mack. I know that there are money

issues, lack of space, lack of interest in old fire trucks, not the original owner, etc. but I like to see departments keep their old Macks for parades, etc. A lot of small

departments near me had second hand or home made Mack fire trucks, now they are all gone. Wish I had pictures of them all.

bulldogboy

Thanks Mike. That is a beautiful L model. If I had the room and the desire for a divorce I'd be a player on that one.

To post a link all you need to do is copy the address from the header bar and paste it into the message.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a really good shot of this rig arriving at the Chelsea conflagration in the early seventies in the NFPA film about the fire.