C model Ford Cabover

JTFormula

I know, its not a Mack but I found a no reserve auction for this C model Ford with only 55k original miles on ebay. I tossed in two bids to $750 then figured I would wait to the end to try and steal it. Since I work on Saturdays and had to deliver a motorcycle I sold yesterday, I missed the end of the auction. Oh well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-ford-f700-cab-over-single-axel-tractor-/160942009339?_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#v4-39

$T2eC16h,!yUE9s6NGYcnBQz27!Qn,Q~~60_3.JP

$(KGrHqN,!n0FCrsvdDGSBQz27sJy2w~~60_3.JP

I have an old black and white picture of one of these with a 4 car carrier from the 60's hauling Shelby Mustangs next to my desk. I just thought it was too cool and cheap to pass. Oh well.

_2Shelby_GT350_deliv_trk.jpg

Oh and this was the motorcycle I delivered today:

07Scorpion_psf.jpg

• Like 1

Yes it would.I have an '80 C-8000 w/3208 (175hp) & Allison that needed a bunch of stuff.A friend of mine hooked me up with a retired fire truck that had been robbed of its 3208 and bought the clean carcass for a mere $500! STEAL!! :twothumbsup:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Back in the '70's a local trucking family's youngest son bought a Ford just about like that for his first truck. They all loaded cotton, put him up-front so they wouldn't get too far ahead of the Ford gasoline, and headed to Houston. It out ran all their diesels, and not just by a little.

• Like 1

Back in the '70's a local trucking family's youngest son bought a Ford just about like that for his first truck. They all loaded cotton, put him up-front so they wouldn't get too far ahead of the Ford gasoline, and headed to Houston. It out ran all their diesels, and not just by a little.

Ford had a lot of tandem dumps here in Jersey back in the 60's with the 477 & 534 gas motors, good motor if you kept the gov. hooked up, if not, don't drive behind one! Before heated bodies, in the winter they would turn the elbow's on the duel exh. up towards the body to heat the body

BULLHUSK

I've been trying to find out just how many C-tilt cabs were built.Can't seem to find it anywhere.I do remember an article about the longevity of the production ('57-'90),but never heard of an actual count.Anybody know?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

:SMOKIE-RT: A friend of my dad has a C model ford tandem 3208 Cat and allison automatic and 2 spd rears with a 15 ft aluminum dump box on it. He loves the truck an uses it quite a bit he even pulls a little pony pup behind it sometimes. He likes the automatic in it because he has a bad ankle and driving a stick is a bit too much for it sometimes. He's been having to do a bit of hunting to keep parts for it though. He bought the last set of brake drums in existance a couple years ago. that's the trouble alot of guys have with Ford trucks since they have'nt mad them for quite afew years now.

A couple of my uncles both had single axle gas burner c models with dump beds at one time or another. Apparently my uncle Johnny mounted a bed on one that hung off the back about 4 feet. Him and my cousin were climbing a hill loaded a little too fast and hit a speed bump, and it just sat up on the tailgate. They had to walk back to the dirt pit and get the backhoe to pull it back down. I'm sure the next stop was to run home to change into some clean underwear.

• Like 2

Jake

A couple of my uncles both had single axle gas burner c models with dump beds at one time or another. Apparently my uncle Johnny mounted a bed on one that hung off the back about 4 feet. Him and my cousin were climbing a hill loaded a little too fast and hit a speed bump, and it just sat up on the tailgate. They had to walk back to the dirt pit and get the backhoe to pull it back down. I'm sure the next stop was to run home to change into some clean underwear.

Hahaha!!! I just imagined that happening. Cool!!! Wheelie!!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

• 8 months later...

Ford had a lot of tandem dumps here in Jersey back in the 60's with the 477 & 534 gas motors, good motor if you kept the gov. hooked up, if not, don't drive behind one! Before heated bodies, in the winter they would turn the elbow's on the duel exh. up towards the body to heat the body

BULLHUSK

A lot of Fords. Joseph Cavalieri from Paterson had a big Ford 900 with a 534, 5x4 and a Bristol Donald on her. It had straight pipes and the kid was still running it up until the 90's I remember coming out of Braen it was awesome. Nick Meyers out of Paramus had a whole fleet of 800's, 900's and later 1000's that were diesel then.