Got to be kidding.

JTFormula

After Sandy, everything in the fridge was bad since we didn't have electric. Today the damn refrigerator took a shit and now half the food has to get tossed again. Son of a bitch! Just picked up a couple bags of ice for the big cooler and hopefully save what's left. Just got cold cuts, they had to get tossed, milk went bad, eggs may or may not be good, who knows what else. The stuff in the freezer is still frozen so hopefully we can save that stuff. I don't feel like tossing another $300-$400 worth of food again.

Going out with the wife tomorrow and hopefully find a scratch and dent or floor model to replace this one. Money is tighter this time of year with Christmas and not as many classic car sales for the next three months. Got to watch the reserves. Argh!

Just wanted to vent.

Heh heh, heres something. My mom came down stairs one morning to find that our refridgeator was shooting ice out of the ice despecer, all over the wood floor and wouldnt stop.

Thanks for the good laugh Vin. I needed it. Also have a $2300 transmission getting installed in a 99 f350 dually (7.3l) I picked up on trade at the shop so I guess when it rains is pours.

Too bad the fridge can't fit down the chimney. I'd ask Santa to bring me one.

Before you go and get a new one- clean her out and disassemble the inside of the freezer to get at the fan assembly that blows the cold air around (and down into the fridge.) Last year we thought our fridge took a shit but a friend saved me by suggesting I do the same thing.......

Get at the fan, and see if it has seized up or is really stiff. All I needed to do was take the fan/motor assembly down to the local appliance shop and they put it on the test bench- yep sure enough it took a shit. So they ordered me a new one, took 3 days, and they even pressed the fan onto the new motor shaft for me. Only cost me 60 bucks. In the meantime neighbors kept the food cold for us. Mama also took the time to give the whole fridge inside a good through bath with hot soap and water and then a weak bleach wiping.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Fans working fine. It's blowing and it feels cold but not cold enough. I put some dry ice in the ice bin to help keep everything cooler. Fridge isn't as cold but not as much in there since i put most of it in the cooler. The fridge is about 18 years old. My wife found one at best buy as a floor model with ice and water on the door for $600 of list. Going to look at it in my lunch break. Also checking Home Depot and lowes.

...so I guess when it rains is pours.

You ain't lyin' there....in the last week, I've had the power divider rebuilt, a leak fixed between the rear carrier and the banjo housing (some holes were stripped), 8 new drive tires & drive brakes....which brought to my attention a leaking wheel seal & 2 bad s-cam bushings, not to mention 4 cracked rims......rotated the steers, which caused the discovery of a SERIOUSLY out-of-round tire....and the worn tie rod ends which helped mask the vibration...so new tie rod ends & steer tires and a 3-axle alignment (which only the toe was out of spec...which was to be expected after getting the new tie rod ends)....then today, the clutch brake quit working and I'm pretty sure the clutch is needing adjustment.

...but as for the fridge, I've had one crap out on me before, too....but it was ENTIRELY my fault. I guess I didn't close the door all of the way, so it was running all day while I was at work trying to stay cool & probably froze stuff & locked it up. By the time I got home, the freezer was keeping refrigerator temps and the fridge was more like a cooler....neither really cold enough to keep food from spoiling. I did some quick online checking with some stores we have locally (sears, lowes, etc.) and found one that would work for $400....so it wasn't TOO bad. Luckily since I can't cook, generally all that is in the fridge is a gallon of milk, some OJ, and a few beers...and the freezer has a couple frozen pizzas....so I wasn't out a whole heck of a lot in the food dept. Sucks having to make room in the budget for that sort of stuff on such short notice....

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Wife found a nice fridge at Best Buy. $1600 price but being a floor model they reduced it to $976.00 but she haggled them to $850. Putting it on the BB card no interest for a year but we'll have it paid off within 5 months knowing us. That helped ease the pain. Did that with new washer and dryer 5 months ago. Washer was floor model got half off. Got $50 off the new dryer. Damn all of the appliances are taking a shit now that I think about it.

Tax time comes we can use all three appliances since they are energy star for some money back. Have to look on the positive side.

I won't set foot inside of Best Buy...not after what they did to my laptop. :angry: I don't care if they are giving stuff away, you won't catch me anywhere near the place. I'll gladly pay a few bucks more at one of their competitors if I have to, and if Best Buy is the only store around that has something, I can do without it.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I wouldn't bring any of my computers to the Geek Squad anyway. Most of them are high school kids who don't know shit. My buddy is a network tech so I just give him my computer stuff and all I have to do it buy dinner.

I just thought of something else our vacuum took a dump 3 days ago as well and we had to get a new one at Target as well. Never buy a dirt devil again. Had to replace 4 brush rolls in the last 1.5 years. Spent more money on rolls than the damn pos vacuum originally cost.

Wait! My beard trimmer stopped working last month. I see a theme going on here. If my air compressor or power tools start to fail there will be hell to pay!

Hmmm...I've got a.....hang on.....got to go find the vaccuum.......

:whistling:

...Eureka. Probably got it at Wal-mart and it was most likely the cheapest one they had at the time. It's almost 11 years old and the only thing I've had to do was replace the bags when they fill up.

Printers are like that too, though....pisses me off every time I have to buy ink and I see that I could buy a new (and better) printer for less than it costs for JUST the ink cartridges...

Got a Hoover windtunnel. Neighbor does cleaning and said that was a really good reliable vacuum. Between the cat fur (4 black cats) and the wife's long hair, the vacuum doesn't have it easy.

Going out tonight to check for fridges before committing to that one. Making sure there isn't a better deal. Good thing we don't have kids or their Christmas list would have been really short now.

With all the electrical doo dads busting, You sure after Sandy your getting Joisey electric and not Noo Yawk power......nothin here works ya know.... :blush:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

If you say it's blowing but not cold enough it looks like a low gas pressure.

I had an issue with a fridge when a compressor fault.

Local service man came with a new one, tools, can of gas and propane jet.

Made it up in 1 hour and it works till now from 1989 brake date.

The guys who work at my shop use it for keeping their midday foods.

18 years is not the age for a fridge.

I had an older one that worked from early 60's having original 127V. Needed to use transformer 127/220.

It ended up nearly 2000 because of dry cracked door rubber. There were no chances for OEM one :rolleyes:

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Hmmm...I've got a.....hang on.....got to go find the vaccuum.......

:whistling:

...Eureka. Probably got it at Wal-mart and it was most likely the cheapest one they had at the time. It's almost 11 years old and the only thing I've had to do was replace the bags when they fill up.

Printers are like that too, though....pisses me off every time I have to buy ink and I see that I could buy a new (and better) printer for less than it costs for JUST the ink cartridges...

that's how the printers get you, with the ink. My first printer was a Lexmark that was under $30,and it worked well for a long time but one ink cartridge for it cost more than the printer did.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Wife found a nice fridge at Best Buy. $1600 price but being a floor model they reduced it to $976.00 but she haggled them to $850. Putting it on the BB card no interest for a year but we'll have it paid off within 5 months knowing us. That helped ease the pain. Did that with new washer and dryer 5 months ago. Washer was floor model got half off. Got $50 off the new dryer. Damn all of the appliances are taking a shit now that I think about it.

Tax time comes we can use all three appliances since they are energy star for some money back. Have to look on the positive side.

must have an ice despecer for that kind of money,eh? thanks for starting all this, my microwave's done took a shit this week too. speaking of refrigerators, the old round frigidaires- well, not round like a ball, but they had rounded corners- made by General Motors Corp, were the best refrigerators ever, they'd last forever.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It must be the season, Just went out and bought the 55" 3D TV for my man cave, boy that was great , got the sound system too. Two day later the wife says the two year old dryer won't heat up, @#&%#. Ok, get on the computer to look up what could be wrong, Fricken computer won't compute. @#%@$$#&%$$#%$?. Off to the store for a new computer to find out what is wrong with the dryer.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.