Superliner Smokes the Paccar!

You dont like The Rolling Stones? I do. I like old rock. My favorite is Def Leppard. :whistling:

Rolling Stones should've been dead & buried long before I was born...not sure how they are still at it. I never thought their music was very good. I grew up in the 80's listening to Def Leppard, Poison, Motley Crue, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, etc....everything from the hair-bands to heavy metal with some bluesy stuff like SRV thrown in for a little variety. Heck, in college I was even on the radio playing those tunes.

Then I grew up.

Now it's nothing but country and bluegrass....and talk radio.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Rolling Stones should've been dead & buried long before I was born...not sure how they are still at it. I never thought their music was very good. I grew up in the 80's listening to Def Leppard, Poison, Motley Crue, Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, etc....everything from the hair-bands to heavy metal with some bluesy stuff like SRV thrown in for a little variety. Heck, in college I was even on the radio playing those tunes.

Then I grew up.

Now it's nothing but country and bluegrass....and talk radio.

threadjacked.gif

The only group I recognize is Def Leppard and the only song of theirs I like is Hysteria (electric guitars and drums). super.gif

I was in college in the early 70's and listened to CSN&Y, Bread, Moody Blues, Carpenter's (always had the hots for Karen drooler.gif ), Fleetwood Mac, James Taylor, and Carly "nipples" Simon...to name a few. Back then music was music with great rythmn, instruments, and voices...

not thump thump thump rap BS of today. Most "artists" today can't hold a tune in a bucket. Of course back then country was Country not this BS "showy" country now.

Just sayin' soap.gif

And BTW, if I don't listen to late 60's or early 70's rock I listen to New Age on SIRIUS SPA. I guess this old fart is burnt out! wacko.gif

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I like the people who can actually play their instruments...Brad Paisley & Keith Urban are talented musicians who could run circles around most others in the industry. Singer/songwriters get my respect too...Taylor Swift just for the way she carries herself with such class....not real big on the american idol winners (nice to look at, but beyond that? eh...) Around here, I usually tune into the "traditional country" station...they play more Hank, Merle, Willie, Waylon, Patsy, etc...and Wednesday nights are bluegrass nights. Whatever "new" stuff they play has more of the traditional sound to it...Josh Turner, Joe Nichols, etc. Every once in a while I don't mind the Jason Aldeans, Miranda Lamberts, etc...and their "redneck rock"....in general, there is a pretty good variety of music played if you find the right country station. I'm lucky enough to have one here locally.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Talk radio will rot your brain. Everyone that's talking on radio is trying to sell you something, be it an idea, a frame of mind, or a bunch of useless stuff. I like Sirrius 34 Lithium mostly, some Colt Ford (Bens fault), AC/DC, hair bands, country, 70's, you know, stuff that doesn't suck.

And I HATE commercials. And talk radio especially. Oh yeah, and sports too.

Tim

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Talk radio gives you stuff to think about going down the road...different perspectives on daily events. Sometimes I agree with what they have to say...other times they sound like they are out in left field. I don't mind Rush or Dave Ramsey...but Hannity tends to bug me. At times it seems like his radio show is nothing more than a 3 hour long commercial for his television show and twitter feed. Glenn Beck can even be amusing at times when he's not in one of his doomsday rants. My truck doesn't get the best reception on the AM dial, though....

• Like 1

I'm with ken nothing but old stuff for me. If I'm in a rowdy mood I might throw on some ac/dc or priest but for me mainly classic rock, classic country, blue grass . New country is to much like pop music. Not country any more . I like the fiddles and steel guitars and lyrics. Rhe only thing singers like Miranda lambert do well is oh never mind hehe.

I never got into country that much but I do have a CW McCall album that I've over played. When I was in school I was in punk and heavy metal bands. Now I play acoustic blues rock. I still listen to Social Distortion, Metallica, Dead Kennedy's, Slayer, Misfits etc.

Back on topic again. Cool video!

Great video!

I saw some pictures of that race in the net before.

Can add, Def Leppard is lovely, also Kiss, Metallica, Priest, Maiden and AC/DC is a true classic to me.

The lasts were in Moscow with a concert in 1989. The first rock concert I vent to. Black Crows, Metallica and AC/DC.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

threadjacked.gif

The only group I recognize is Def Leppard and the only song of theirs I like is Hysteria (electric guitars and drums). super.gif

I was in college in the early 70's and listened to CSN&Y, Bread, Moody Blues, Carpenter's (always had the hots for Karen drooler.gif ), Fleetwood Mac, James Taylor, and Carly "nipples" Simon...to name a few. Back then music was music with great rythmn, instruments, and voices...

not thump thump thump rap BS of today. Most "artists" today can't hold a tune in a bucket. Of course back then country was Country not this BS "showy" country now.

Just sayin' soap.gif

And BTW, if I don't listen to late 60's or early 70's rock I listen to New Age on SIRIUS SPA. I guess this old fart is burnt out! wacko.gif

CCR was good too, eh?

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

CCR was good too, eh?

CCR, Doobie Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel, Lynard Skynard, EL&Palmer, Rick Wakeman.......but my all time favorite is still the Moody Blues with Justin Hayward. beer.gif

My fav "sit in the dark with a few several beers" is King Crimson (In the Court of the Crimson King). jkam.gif

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"