Voting BS projecting winners early

JTFormula

I am watching the election and on the bottom of the screen starts scrolling the amount of votes and % to the canadates. Then it says on the left side amount tallied. Well the one bone head state says 0% tallied 0 for

Obama and 0 for Romney. Then there is a check mark next to Obama as projected winner. How the F@$k can you project the winner of that state when there is nothing tallied. Other states say 1% or 7% tallied and they also project the winner.

WTF is wrong with this system? It seems to me to influence undecided voters who will look at that and say forget it why should I bother.

When you are done counting each and every vote then you can announce who won your state. NOT BEFORE!

Thank you for allowing my rant, you may go on with your life as planned.

• Like 2

I am watching the election and on the bottom of the screen starts scrolling the amount of votes and % to the canadates. Then it says on the left side amount tallied. Well the one bone head state says 0% tallied 0 for

Obama and 0 for Romney. Then there is a check mark next to Obama as projected winner. How the F@$k can you project the winner of that state when there is nothing tallied. Other states say 1% or 7% tallied and they also project the winner.

WTF is wrong with this system? It seems to me to influence undecided voters who will look at that and say forget it why should I bother.

When you are done counting each and every vote then you can announce who won your state. NOT BEFORE!

Thank you for allowing my rant, you may go on with your life as planned.

I'm with you JT. Aren't the polls still open on the west coast? There should be a law to prevent any publication of election results until the next day. I agree BS! :icon_bs:

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I don't know...I like knowing who won before I go to bed at night. A lot of these predictions are based upon polling data, voter turnout data, as well as the historical vote tally in the various states and regions of the state. I remember one year watching and the ® gubernatorial candidate here in Illinois was up nearly 70/30 and they called it for the (D)...the reason? The votes from "downstate" had been tallied...but the votes from Chicago had not. Sometimes they are wrong (i.e. Florida in 2000 when they called it for Gore forgetting that the panhandle was still voting...then when those votes started coming in they changed their mind). These pundit predictions and projections really don't mean squat, though, because the OFFICIAL tally happens when ALL of the votes are counted and the Secretary of State validates the results.

...and if you let some political hack talk you out of voting by saying your candidate either "won" or "lost" certain other states, you must not have felt very strongly about the election to begin with. Hell, in a lot of states, voting has been open for a MONTH!!! Why on earth would you wait until the last minute to cast your ballot? :huh:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I don't know...I like knowing who won before I go to bed at night. A lot of these predictions are based upon polling data, voter turnout data, as well as the historical vote tally in the various states and regions of the state. I remember one year watching and the ® gubernatorial candidate here in Illinois was up nearly 70/30 and they called it for the (D)...the reason? The votes from "downstate" had been tallied...but the votes from Chicago had not. Sometimes they are wrong (i.e. Florida in 2000 when they called it for Gore forgetting that the panhandle was still voting...then when those votes started coming in they changed their mind). These pundit predictions and projections really don't mean squat, though, because the OFFICIAL tally happens when ALL of the votes are counted and the Secretary of State validates the results.

...and if you let some political hack talk you out of voting by saying your candidate either "won" or "lost" certain other states, you must not have felt very strongly about the election to begin with. Hell, in a lot of states, voting has been open for a MONTH!!! Why on earth would you wait until the last minute to cast your ballot? :huh:

because thats what procastinators do.....................................aj

Yea, me to.......I voted after I got off from work at about 4:40p.m. CST and was only the fifth person standing in line. The Community Center here in Goodlettsville was not crowded where I vote. And my g/f invited me over for lasagna. So we also have the returns on TV now with Brian Williams talking.

mike

I like to know before I go to sleep too but when WV posted a projected winner with 0% if the votes tallied that's ridiculous. I can see if you have 70% of the votes but how can you say with 0-10% only checked.

Feel like I just got kicked in the gut...watch the stock markets tomorrow when investors start pulling money back out in preparation for the higher cap gains rates that are coming when the "Bush tax cuts" expire....glad I don't have any money in them, but my job is heavily dependent upon coal...so it doesn't look good. Hope Scalia & the other ancient conservative justices can hold out at least another 4 years....otherwise we are REALLY screwed.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I think I read that a Demecradic sociaty could only last until the majority was able to vote to take what they wanted to from the rest. Well I guess it just ended! Please excuse my bad spelling. I am setting with mom in the hosipital with cancer and using my phone.

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

Back on topic, I feel that everything in this country is rigged - Sports, politics etc. People with billions make the decisions. I wonder if Fuel will raise in price now, even though they say the Election years don't determine it.

As sick as it sounds Im glad that most of the true Americans that fought, suffered and built our once great nation were not around last night to see the sheeple vote in a Anti-American Muslim President. This is not a blue or red party issue. Americans have sold themselves out to a person with no values or merit to prove worthy of being President of the United States.

• Like 1

My wife, who is the most level headed person I ever saw. She told me to talk to my accountant and a tax pro to see if it's worth having employees or going back to me a helper and one piece of equipment with the new laws that will now definitely come on line.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My wife, who is the most level headed person I ever saw. She told me to talk to my accountant and a tax pro to see if it's worth having employees or going back to me a helper and one piece of equipment with the new laws that will now definitely come on line.

Wait until Odumba care kicks in and see what the unemployment rate is then. Odumba care is going to put a lot of people out of work. The people that elected him last night must not understand the health care reform. If your employer elects to pay the penalty then it falls back on the employee to get health care or pay the penalty. The free loaders must not understand this. This program is going to be very hard on the american people we cant pay for this and the defict together. It is plain and simple.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

but..but...but...but....OBAMA said "if you like your insurance, you can keep it"! Unfortunately for a lot of folks, that only works if THEY were the ones who bought it and therefore control it. Their boss looks out for the business's bottom line, and if it is cheaper to pay the penalty, a crapload of people are going to be on their own. Personally, I've had my own individual policy for 5 years now...and been fighting to keep the policy I bought. The day they decide I have to pay a higher premium in order to only have to pay a co-pay at the doctor (instead of everything out of my pocket until the deductible has been met), I'll cancel the fugging policy.

And that tax form declaring your policy coverages? I'm not going to fill that out. I'm not going to pay their penalty. When they show up at my door looking for that form or wanting my insurance information, they'll be staring down the barrel of a 12 guage when I tell them MY decision whether or not to have health insurance is NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.