WTF is wrong with people

JTFormula

TELL THEM YOU HAVE A TRUCK LOAD OF BREAD. :banana:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I am involved in emergency management, and from what I know of a declaration of emergency (at least in Pa.) I dont think they CAN stop you from going home- unless you are placing yourself in clear and present danger.

Down here, tolls are suspended, and the DOT is not around.

Many rigs are heading that way with supplies that are, or will be needed.

Seen some that put a piece of paper in the windshield marked FEMA. They roll on through

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Makes me want toast!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

When I got back to the freeways (driving back from Boyertown) I-81 and I-80, I saw convoy after convoy of power company and tree service trucks heading east!

Thought about using my camping generator to run essentials at home in case the power goes out. Made a Darwin plug, cut the mains, and plugged the generator (Yamaha 24SI) into one of the house outlets...viola! I have power on some things, two fridges, the sump pump, and a few lights...too bad the damn water pump is 220! WTF? If it gets bad, me and the ol' lady can stay in the camper!...even have a hot shower (till the water runs out)!

Bob I hope your right and this giant inconveience of a storm blows out to sea. I live in on the extreme south shore on the nassau/queens border and the way these people are acting you would swear that tomorrow aint coming. The gas stations have lines like the gas shortages of the mid 70s . then when you get to the pump after waiting they only have Premium at $4.50 a gallon. The last 2 storms i had trees come down and crush the PVC fence but i still got 1 about a 50 foot pine tree that i am a little concerned about. Well I wish the best to all in the storms path and I hope the good Lord watches out and protects us all. Stay safe everyone

• Like 1

Local 282 Union Service

That boat video brings back fond memories of my high school years when I'd spend the summers working at a Boy Scout camp up in Wisconsin. One summer, I was giving a fellow camp councelor a ride across the lake in the little aluminum rowboat with a 6hp motor on it when a storm rolled in. We had been expecting a pretty big storm, but it never showed so the show must go on, right? Anyway, we made it about half way across (lake was just shy of 2 miles in diameter) when it hit hard. Lightning crashing down all around us....winds blowing hard enough to have some pretty large waves in that little lake and it was all I could do to keep the boat facing into the wind so the waves wouldn't flip us over. Turns out a tornado had touched down about 3 miles away.

Good times... :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

You'de have to stock up on oil though.

Just sayin,

Ben

My thoughts exactly....reminds me of the old saying "check the fuel and fill it with oil". And can you imagine trying to sleep with that 2-stroke screaming all night. :D

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

You'de have to stock up on oil though.

Just sayin,

Ben

dont forget the big drain bucket for all the leaks,,,an old friend of mine was telling me years ago,,,the whole town of auston nevada was run by a big catapeller engine,,,you could hear it for quite a ways in the summer...bob

58 fwd, I hear that Detroit makes a bitchen gen set.

Just sayin.

Tim

PUHLEASE.......Waukesha has been building gen sets that make Detroits look like the lawn-boys that they are trying to imitate..

There was a really good video on youtube of an episode of modern marvels shot at the Waukesha factory, building a 24 cylinder 3000+ HP engine, too. Cant find it though.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Well the storm is kicking hard now. My neighbors tree just came down on their roof and they are starting to cut it down and tarp the hole. My bro in law said his neighbors tree just came down on their house while the guy was in the shower it hit right above the bathroom. Woof!

I set my GoPro up on the rear sliding door to time lapse every 60 seconds. Should be a cool thing to watch until the sun goes down.

Hellertown, Pa (exit 67 of I-78) at 1630 hours today: Right now we have pretty moderate rains, and the winds are definitely kicking up. I estimate constant winds of 20mph with occasional gusts of 40-50mph. They say it will get real bad starting after 1800 hours and will rock and roll all night long. The candles and flashlights are close at hand and a pot of chili is slow-brewing on the stove.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

pretty windy here in central ny, rainin like a bitch, tree fell down across town and took out the gas main with the roots and village next door has a structure fire. i wonder when all those countries that we send out billions of dollars to help all the time when they have a natural disaster are gonna be rowin their boats over here to help our sorry asses. haha i think not. kinda makes u sick.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

As I post this note, over 1" of rain today here in RS with 3"-6" expected by noon Tuesday. Winds are blowing at 25mph with gusts up to 40mph. Praying the electricity stays on and the trees don't come down on the house, barn, out buildings, and the MH. Predicting up to 60mph gusts later tonight and Tuesday morning. It will be an interesting 24 hours.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

It's 8:48 pm and its no longer fun any more the power is out and transformers are blowing up all around behind us. Huge white flashes in the sky and Fire Trucks out in force. I doubt ill have power for the next few days.

The wind is insane. Sustained winds of at least 45 mph with easy 70-80 mph gusts. Trees are swaying like crazy.