WTF is wrong with people

JTFormula

Remember back in the early 90,s had pretty bad storm and I was on long beach island NJ it flooded out and most of low lying mainland it was a mess for weeks but we never lost power cops gave me a ticket for creating to big a wake with my car .

Unless there was a No Wake sign I think you could have fought it.

1 hour later the winds have calmed slightly but shit is still blowing up everywhere.

Cell phone is about at 1/3 so I am going 10-7 until the morning when I can plug into my truck charger. Stay safe everyone.

The first post reminds me of fal 2005 when Katrina and Rita came thru east texas. No groceries for DAYS.No GAS for days.No electricity for days.LOTS of dangerous losers from out state hanging around.A dang mess. Strange walking into a supermarket and everything edible is sold, nothing but empty shelves. Thankfully I filled two 55 gal drums w gas before the storm. Ran on generator for 10 days.Dont look forward to dealing with that again.

Atlantic city is going to need some work

post-11944-0-57809600-1351550215_thumb.j

Now? I am pretty sure it already needed "some" work! lol, crazy yankees!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

dont forget the big drain bucket for all the leaks,,,an old friend of mine was telling me years ago,,,the whole town of auston nevada was run by a big catapeller engine,,,you could hear it for quite a ways in the summer...bob

Everything on any base in Iraq was run by either a Big Cat or a Big Cummins gen set, most areas had two big Cat generators at Camp Adder, they would shut one down for maintenance and start the other one up till they were done. We had one at Camp Cedar that was going south for the last couple weeks the camp was up and running, it was smoking out the exhaust and the crankcase vent almost constantly for the last two or three weeks I was there, they closed the camp 4 weeks after they sent me to Adder hell that generator is probably still there. I dont know how may of the 30 to 40 foot Cat gen sets were on Adder but they were very abundant, probably several million in power generation at that base.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Seems to be an abundance of reporters willing to stand in the wind and rain with a microphone. I wonder if they volunteer for the assignment or draw the short straw?

Stupidity, exposure, and "wow factor" are the main reasons (i.e. Hot Dog Jim Cantore).

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Dodged the bullet last night here in central PA. Did not lose electricity and the wind calmed during the night but starting in again this morning (25mph) along with rain. Forecast is for high winds (25-40mph with gusts to 60mph) and 4"-6" of sssssSNOW! Wednesday more rain. 4" pf rain in the gauge since the rain started Sunday night.

I hope my MH does not blow over, it is parked ass end to the wind (it may fall on its face)! :D

UPDATE (8:20a 30th) - snow is out of the forecast rayof.gif

Ken

We got lucky here in Central PA...hardly andy rain or wind at all...didnt lose power either...pretty bad on the east coast though...

I have one question...WITF didnt we FORCE Chris Cristie to run for president! Have you seen his last few press conferences?!? Strong Leadership and telling it like it is!

• Like 1

Have you been to Austin? It wouldn't have taken a very big engine.

Ben

only twice passing thru,,,we went on a scooter run to eli 4th of july around 10 years ago,rode out there,and we all got a room,,,then took this old fashion train out to fireworks,,had a ball but what a hot SOB...got gas there in austin...cute little place.bob

We're f*cked here at the Shore. Took a ride and half the roads are under water. No power in 90% of the area. The one gas station and wawa that was open was mobbed. People need boats to get out of their house. I don't know when we'll have power again. Every 1/2 mile another power line is laying down or a tree is on it. Telephone poles were snapped in half with the broken half hanging on the wires. It's not pretty down here.

well im officially homeless. i had to evcauate very quickly got my 2 dogs wife and 3 year old daughter and took off thru the on coming flood last night. just went back and the water level in the house got as high as the kitchen counter top. everything in the house is a total loss. even my eldorado parked in the driveway was full of water. man its a real dose of reality . i have no idea where to start . what wasnt under water was on fire down here . Hey at least i got my little family safe . God bless everyone effected by this mess

Local 282 Union Service

Wow that's bad man. Sorry to hear. Where do you live, by a river or lake? The most important this is you have your family and pets. Everything else can be rebuilt. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

well im officially homeless. i had to evcauate very quickly got my 2 dogs wife and 3 year old daughter and took off thru the on coming flood last night. just went back and the water level in the house got as high as the kitchen counter top. everything in the house is a total loss. even my eldorado parked in the driveway was full of water. man its a real dose of reality . i have no idea where to start . what wasnt under water was on fire down here . Hey at least i got my little family safe . God bless everyone effected by this mess

Sorry to hear of your loss. The most important thing is your family is safe. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

BTW, where are you located?

Ken

Wow that's bad man. Sorry to hear. Where do you live, by a river or lake? The most important this is you have your family and pets. Everything else can be rebuilt. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

ya same here...let me know...maybe we can start a collection,,,hell we got like 6300 members.bob

Well folks I am back on the air. We lost power about 2200 on Monday night, and got it back about 2230 Tuesday night, so just about 25 hours without power or heat (gas hot water radiators but with a modern electronic ignition/computer controlled boiler with a 110v blower fan) We stocked up on supplies thinking worst-case scenerio and got batteries, some LED flashlights, food, propane for the grill and some cast iron cookware to use on the grill. We also had about 50lbs of ice which we never used. Some lessons learned: Need to get a gen set, wife and I have been humming and hawwing on that one, every time we start to save for one something comes up and the money gets diverted. But now we are adament- we need power to have heat, so it must happen for the sake of the kids, plus the freezer (we always buy meats in bulk.) Another lesson learned is we need to get a Coleman lantern to get a good amount of light so we can play board or card games. I used to have one from when I camped a lot, but coincidentally it was destroyed at my parents house when their basement flooded a few years ago. Another lesson learned is you need to make sure all the flashlights and the lighters get to one central location so that you dont have to play "hunt for the flashlight" when it gets dark.

I have a large cooler with a built-in battery powered AM-FM radio which came in real handy. We decided that we are going to keep a few of the LED flashlights, batteries and some candles inside the cooler for romantic occasions such as this again. Good to have it all available.

The only damage we had was a few sections of our 6' stockade fence blew over, and some limbs from our 100' tall pine tree fell on our neighbor's house, does not look like there was any damage though. All things considered, we were very very fortunate. After seeing the news from Staten Island, I am not bitching at all about anything.

Professionally however, I wont get into specifics, but some of the shit I have seen the last 48 hours as a building inspector make me think we need more chlorine in the gene pool.

And Mackman, please let us know where you are- if you are within driving distance perhaps we can get you some stuff including toys/clothes for your daughter.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

We're on day three without power. I finally saw some more picture of the devistation on the Internet via the phone. I am floored to see how the barrier islands have been wipped out. I go down to these area all the time since I live here. It's sad to see how people lost everything. First your house gets flooded by the ocean and then it catches fire. Just when you think it's over, it catches fire again. There is a bridge that goes nowhere. A new ocean inlet was formed right where the Mantaloking Bridge crosses over. It's extremely sad. I feel for all these people and if we can do anything to help Mackman we need to do what we can.

I feel for all these people and if we can do anything to help Mackman we need to do what we can.

10-4 on that one.

I assume MACKMAN probably has limited access to internet, and that (no offense) BMT.com is the last thing on his mind. MACKMAN IF YOU HAPPEN TO SEE THIS, LET US KNOW WHERE YOU ARE OR PRIVATE MESSAGE ME YOUR REAL NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION LIKE A CELL PHONE NUMBER WHERE ONE COULD REACH OUT TO YOU. I WILL RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY. IF YOU ARE ALONG THE NJ COAST AS I SUSPECT YOU ARE, I COULD PROBABLY DRIVE OUT TO YOU WITH SOME CLOTHES, DOGFOOD AND TOYS/OTHER ITEMS.

THIS MESSAGE PM'D TO MACKMAN.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I second the motion to help out here at home in the good ol USA, rather than the alternative. The Weather Channel.com had 286 pics of the devastation from NC clean to Maine and as far West as Chicago. Wow. Here (East of Pittsburgh) was just wet, constant rain since Sunday with a little wet snow mixed in from time to time. I really hope that all of those negatively affected by the storm get back to normal really quickly. Hopefully the jag-off insurance companies step up to the plate and help people recover.

Tim

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j