Opinions needed on saving this 1964 B61

Last your thoughts seems to me as a good way.

And it's normally that you are looking around for different solutions moving step by step to a true one you don't know of what kind at the moment.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Tom he won't go lower then $1000. It's worth it in scrap. You thinking of picking it up? Road trip?

If i got any extra money from selling my trailer... Im thinking about it. If i go out to MI to get my step deck I'm going to be blowing by Somerset Pa not eh way back so i might as well if i got a little extra cash...

Tom

• Like 1

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

:SMOKIE-RT:

Good looking trailer-wish I had one.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I'd go out to Nevada in a heartbeat. Love Vegas! Then take a ride up the 375 to Rachael and check out the military planes and UFOs that don't exist.

By the time you got from Vegas to our neck of Nevada you could cross four or five east coast states! :loldude:

1962 B733 L cab

:SMOKIE-RT:

I hear THAT! I've driven to places up here where,if you don't fill the tank REALLY full and bring a couple of 5 gallon cans of fuel,you could be walking the last few miles to get home. :angry: And some of the mine workers are commuting around 150 miles a day to work. (I'll bet that gets really old during the Winter.) I hear Texas is like this,too.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

By the time you got from Vegas to our neck of Nevada you could cross four or five east coast states! :loldude:

I would go to Elko anytime. Did some field testing with a gold mine fleet near Elko. It was difficult to get test supplies sent to and out of Elko. In the middle of "no where". :D

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

imgaxdjklj.jpg

hvkjbmn.jpg

imgaxdbmvnb.jpg

kl.jpg

10' Top; 40' Bottom Deck

10x2 Spread Axle

26K GVWR

2-22.5K Axles

17.5" Steel Wheels

Ramps Included

Only 6 grand... Got so many ideas.

Tom

Nice trailer and price. I know I can get you some car hauls easy for that thing. Nice part is you can also do bigger stuff so stick a car on the upper deck, box truck on lower and still have room for a motorcycle and snowmobile. Just install a good winch for inops and you have a versatile trailer.

Nice trailer and price. I know I can get you some car hauls easy for that thing. Nice part is you can also do bigger stuff so stick a car on the upper deck, box truck on lower and still have room for a motorcycle and snowmobile. Just install a good winch for inops and you have a versatile trailer.

Exactly what i thought! Got many ideas for this trailer. My truck is getting lettered Sunday. All i have to do is sell this pig and we are good to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-40ft-Gooseneck-Flatbed-Trailer-Air-Ride-Suspension-/170938933067?forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

• 4 weeks later...

JT, If you are still in the market for a wrecker, Grones towing over on Rt. 9 in Lakewood used to have a B61 wrecker out front. I looked at it a few years back and think they wanted around 8,000 at the time. It was more than my budget allowed then so I had to pass. Hope the storm didn't beat you up too badly.

nice parts truck, not a project truck, looks like a good driveline and someone changed the rear out. its more like a 55-58 cause its def not a 64. has the old style front brake cans and the old style crossmembers in the frame ands the frame is also red. 64 would have been black underneith. was just in Somerset pickin up my firetruck a few weeks ago. didnt have room or money for 2 tho.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

JT, If you are still in the market for a wrecker, Grones towing over on Rt. 9 in Lakewood used to have a B61 wrecker out front. I looked at it a few years back and think they wanted around 8,000 at the time. It was more than my budget allowed then so I had to pass. Hope the storm didn't beat you up too badly.

I think I remember that truck. I don't know if its still there I work in Lakewood and prob 5 miles from their joint. Funny this is I had seen their tri axle Pete this morning on my way to work. I might have to take a ride by there and pay attention to see if its still out there. I guess I can call too. A bit out of my price range at $8000 but worth taking a ride since I can shoot over on my lunch break.

Buy it! There is a list of things to do to it to see if it will run. The current owner has little interest in it. If he did he would know it is worth more than that scrapped. If you get in over your head someone from this site can surely help. If worse comes you could probably sell it to someone on this site. Sell it to part out is one option above scrapping it, but that option would be yours. Think about this. Buying it, doing the PRE-start work and it runs!!!! Most for sale trucks I have seen don't sell quick due to the transportation costs after the sale. Most of it seems to be there.

post-1685-0-89262900-1355060868_thumb.jp

post-1685-0-02609600-1355060965_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Buy it! There is a list of things to do to it to see if it will run. The current owner has little interest in it. If he did he would know it is worth more than that scrapped. If you get in over your head someone from this site can surely help. If worse comes you could probably sell it to someone on this site. Sell it to part out is one option above scrapping it, but that option would be yours. Think about this. Buying it, doing the PRE-start work and it runs!!!! Most for sale trucks I have seen don't sell quick due to the transportation costs after the sale. Most of it seems to be there.

Sweet!! Never seen your B615, looks great. Still got the V8?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Farmer went to look at it for me already. It's too far gone. These pics hid a lot of issues. I would be better off buying something for $4k that runs and go from there. I am holding off at this point. I am going to focus on flipping a few cars to drum up some cash and proceed from there. Plus I have a business venture I am working on. If that's sucessful then I will need a tractor at some point.

Stay tuned! More to come after these commercial messages...

Farmer went to look at it for me already. It's too far gone. These pics hid a lot of issues. I would be better off buying something for $4k that runs and go from there. I am holding off at this point. I am going to focus on flipping a few cars to drum up some cash and proceed from there. Plus I have a business venture I am working on. If that's sucessful then I will need a tractor at some point.

Stay tuned! More to come after these commercial messages...

There ain't much that pisses me off more when somebody says a B model is too far gone.the SOB is all there,and way more than I had to work with on my first one and it's only $1000.Instead of running the truck down,just say that" it's beyond my ability to work with" or "more work than I want to do".

• Like 2

I looked at the truck, took pictures, and gave what I thought was an honest evaluation. I didn't say it couldn't be saved. If one has the money and time...go for it! Personally I would rather pay more for a running truck. Just sayin'.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"