Opinions needed on saving this 1964 B61

I showed a picture if this thing to one of the old school trucker guys I know. He was so pumped up he asked when do we go an get it. Lol. Everyone seems to want to go out there. Too bad he sold his L9000 dump and trailer I said to him. He could have gone to get it for me. Nice thing is he offered to give me a hand with it. He remembers those trucks very well.

The condition of the rear cab panel is a great decision maker. And this one has already been crudely repaired. You could look harder and find a single axle B tractor in better condition. But this would make a good parts truck.

Very good point. Even if you find another one you'd rather have as your Sunday go to meeting B you still can't beat this price for a parts truck.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I contacted him two years ago by phone when I was looking for Lanova engine.

He answered me that he hadn't but would look for. No replies.

Although it was seemed to me he was busy and not exited to deal for overseas.

Could he have any L model parts yet?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I have to announce that I will not be buying the B61. Ken got some pictures of it for me and as complete of a truck it is, it will really best to be used as a parts truck. Also with the storm hitting us hard around here, I can't justify buying a hobby truck when we have to do a couple repairs around the house and my mothers beach house will need some repairs as well. Plus I think it's time to get a quality generator just in case.

I have to put off any extra buying until we get settled again. So maybe in a couple months ill start looking again.

I have to announce that I will not be buying the B61. Ken got some pictures of it for me and as complete of a truck it is, it will really best to be used as a parts truck. Also with the storm hitting us hard around here, I can't justify buying a hobby truck when we have to do a couple repairs around the house and my mothers beach house will need some repairs as well. Plus I think it's time to get a quality generator just in case.

I have to put off any extra buying until we get settled again. So maybe in a couple months ill start looking again.

There is a lot of rust in this truck. Back of cab caved in (poor man's contour cab), driver door upper window frame sprung, passenger door does not open, could not get the hood open...and on and on. Like JT said, a parts truck.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I really appreciate you taking the time to look at this thing for me. Ill just keep looking when I am ready. Ultimately I would love to either get a B Wrecker or prefer a B rollback. I can get a good flatbed body to install it's finding the right truck to do it to is the problem.

:SMOKIE-RT:

I'd be inclined to replace the window first;it won't cost much and will help prevent any more interior damage from the weather. Next,set towards getting the engine ready to try to run. Once you have those two things done,you're well on your way to having a driver. (Except for about 6 months of little stuff that costs more in time than parts.) And,I must state again,more pics are ALWAYS a good thing. :twothumbsup:

Hoping this works out sweet for ya. :clap:

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

OOPS! Missed a page-disregard my last post. Sorry this one didn't work out. Hope someone saves it from the grave! I'd love to rescue it,except for two things-money and distance. Hey Ken and Tom-what would it take to convince you guys to drag it out to the wilds of Nevada? (Now all I need to figure out is the money part.) B)

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

So wheres these pics... Cant say you have pics and not post them! hah

Tom

I uploaded the pics to Photobucket. This is my first time using PB.

Note - LH door window frame sprung at top, RH door and hood would not open, truck sitting since mid/late 1970s, engine not running when parked. Lots and lots of rust. Owner had a person interested in some parts.

http://s1305.beta.ph...870292570702275

JT - did not want to post any pics until you made your decision.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

UFO's don't exist. Next you'll say Santa and the Easter Bunny are fake too.

I think it.was wise to pass on that B. A good parts truck but not a good project truck. Starting with something better will save you a lot of time and money.

Mike

I agree, starting with a better truck will save me in the long run. I see OldMacks.com has a bunch of B61's for $5000-6500. I'll just start putting money away and save a few more $$ and get a better rig to start with. As long as its a good runner and not all rotted, I can deal with spraying new paint on it. This way I can make it mine.

398%20002.JPG

408%20001.JPG

410%20002.JPG