33 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite color

• green
    • red
    • blue
    • other

Wondering what everybody's favorite old skool Mack color is?Green and red have always seemed to be the most common,but the blue sure does look good also!

I like blue also but Mack green is too "classic" to not favor it highly in these trucks of the "antique" age. Starting with the later "R" series, almost anything works but the original four or five stock colors available during the "A" and "B" series production runs are hard to beat.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Blue..no..Red..ahhhhhhhh! Monty Python refernece

I prefer green on any green interior trucks. For the later years, I kinda prefer red but any color is good, as long as it's accompanied by black spoke wheels and a touch of chrome.

My favorite is any shade of green other than neon.

I tried the: Oh, great, I feel better since we have here in the room the "machine that goes BING!" Monty Python reference during my wife's C-section last month. Nurse Ratched did not find that funny either.

Guess i'm dating myself,but i grew up with the classic trucks,and i have always liked the "east coast look" Mack green,with red frame,wheels etc........but have a soft spot for the first B-model (or truck for that matter) was Mack red,black frame and spokes........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

green sheet metal, red drivetrain. i hated when Mack switched over around 1962 or 1963 and started painting the frames black to be simple.

1960 I believe that was unless the new owner specified differently.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

we have a 1961 B42 and the frame and truck is red.course it could have been a leftover to, have seen a few 1962's that had green frames original to but could have been special ordered to i guess. around this time they started paintin the diamond plate treadle valve pedal gray instead of black and the crossmembers were no longer welded on top with the little oval left on top to trap dirt.bout this time they started havin the standard Delbar mirror brackets from the factory also. just small things ive noticed.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

we have a 1961 B42 and the frame and truck is red.course it could have been a leftover to, have seen a few 1962's that had green frames original to but could have been special ordered to i guess. around this time they started paintin the diamond plate treadle valve pedal gray instead of black and the crossmembers were no longer welded on top with the little oval left on top to trap dirt.bout this time they started havin the standard Delbar mirror brackets from the factory also. just small things ive noticed.

PICTURES Matt?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

My 62 B-67 was originally all green in the running gear also but it was ordered that way. All their Mack trucks were the same paint scheme. I read someplace that 1960 was the cutover year for the painting. I think is was one of Tom Warth's books? My 57 B-61 was all red with a white cab and black fenders, my 58 B-61 was all green, as was my 56 B-62. My 64 B-61 was black with yellow sheet metal and red breast plate?

I guess it would be hard to say for certain.

Rob

:SMOKIE-RT:

I do remember seeing a "Caterpillar Yeller" B-73 quite a while back that I really liked. It rolled on 24.5 Budd alloys,and had lotsa chrome. I learned from the owner/operator it was titled and registered as a '77 KW,re-fitted with the B cab & doghouse and a 5X4 in place of the 13 speed. The owner said ,"Those air shift boxes are for sissies." (Don't shoot me-I'm just the messenger. It was HIS words,not mine.) He also said it would run 85 mph loaded all day long and averaged around 6-7 mpg. :whistling: Don't know how much was true,but he seemed to be a pretty straight shooter on other matters. He was delivering a load of cheese to a place I worked for back then.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>