1927 Bulldog Dunn Co. Coal Truck

In 1927, Dunn Coal & Oil, of Federal Street in Chicago, ordered a fleet of Mack AC Bulldog dumptrucks, of which this vehicle is the only entirely original survivor. Still fitted in its original, but faded red livery, with Dunn Coal & Oil lettering on cab and body, this AC includes its original winter cab, good pneumatic rubber, very solid sheet metal, and fine running condition.

Featured with its fleet in a national Mack advertisement in 1927, our AC is a pure survivor and absolutely appropriate for historic preservation. In a world where fresh paint seems to rule, the next owner of this vehicle will have a choice: rub out the years with compound and polish for a brilliant all-original survivor; or undertake a full cosmetic re-do. THIS TRUCK IS FOR SALE

1927 Mack AC Bulldog

post-11932-0-87317600-1340512907_thumb.j

post-11932-0-37580500-1340512916_thumb.j

post-11932-0-17922600-1340512966_thumb.j

It would be a crime to restore such a beautiful survivor. It can only be original once. To keep the truck in this condition for 85 years takes special care and love. By doing a restoration you remove all of its history and mojo. Just think of all the people who have touched and drove this thing in almost a century.

Very cool AC and I commend you for leaving it as is.

• Like 2

NICE! really something to see a "survivor" like this un-restored,if that truck could talk i'm sure it would be interesting to hear its history,thanks for posting the photos!......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks for all the comments. I have had a bunch of requests for more detailed pics thru e-bay. Would you guys mind if I post them here too?

Post all you want. The more pictures and information you can post the better for you. Let me know and I'll take pictures for you.

If you still have it in October, we would love to have it at the Gerhart show October 5th and 6th 2012!!!

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

The owner of this truck called me on Friday about this truck. Unfortunately is it out of my price range. I would love to have it. He only lives a few miles from me and invited me to come and see his collection. He owns the B67 Allied moving tractor trailer that has been posted on here in the past. He bought that from the place I got my A model and L model fire trucks. He tells me he has several AB's and AC's. I'll take pictures and report back.

Mike

• Like 1

• 9 years later...