DOT hot and heavy 6/5 6/6 6/7

lucerne tractor

Went through one weigh station today, they are really going at it. Lined up out into the highway and the parking lot was full of trucks going through class 1 inspections. Went through on the green and stopped 20 miles down the road at a nice truck stop. The wreckers were coming in one after another dropping off tractor trailer that were red flagged. They dropped them and then they parked. Some were reefers. The wrecker services were making a killing and will be the next couple days. Can't imagine any other job that you get harrassed as much as trucking. It is a constant thing. They are after the log books too, new rule, 1/2 hour break after 8 hrs, don't forget.

Yep, they are on a blitz here in texas now, I just said piss on it and went hog hunting till they simmer back down,,,randyp

I took last week off, wasn't thinking. On the plus side, less competition bidding if I can stay on the road. Those hogs good eating or too tough?

too tough, they stink, and can tear hell out of a pasture with them rooters....I like to shoot em in the rooter with trusty ole M1 garand,,randyp

Hope you got the boy keeping an eye out for snakes. Seems he's a good shot. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Went through one weigh station today, they are really going at it. Lined up out into the highway and the parking lot was full of trucks going through class 1 inspections. Went through on the green and stopped 20 miles down the road at a nice truck stop. The wreckers were coming in one after another dropping off tractor trailer that were red flagged. They dropped them and then they parked. Some were reefers. The wrecker services were making a killing and will be the next couple days. Can't imagine any other job that you get harrassed as much as trucking. It is a constant thing. They are after the log books too, new rule, 1/2 hour break after 8 hrs, don't forget.

Compliance to the 30 minute break after 8 hours rule is not required until July 1, 2013.

WVDOT was setting up at Cooper's Rock on I-68 when I went through at exactly midnight Monday. They were going strong when I passed by again 6 hours later on my second trip. PA was up and running At the Kirby Rest Area on I-79 by sun up. They were also very well staffed. I made eye contact with no one.

• Like 2

Jim

im sure glad I dont run more then a few days each month. I do my normal drive 14 hrs and then sleep 8-9hrs then drive another 14. East coast in a day West coast and southwestern states in 2 days...no bull shit government trucking here. On the other hand the old HOS rules did protect drivers from company abuse. so they are needed. the HOS rules today are a joke. too hard to follow and understand as each state seams to have a diffrent understnading of them. Im kinda wondering how these new electronic logs will be. part of me says it will just be that more simple to adjust the logs to my driving style and the computer will tell me where I made an error. Just like every new lock, there will be guys like me picking them....

Didn't see much from Galveston to Houston been running back and forth. Only thing I saw was a bunch of Dot sitting at 146 and 45 but they where working the oversize that hit the bridge and took his load off the trailer.

2 Suffolk DOT stops on the LIE this morning one at exit 68 west bound and one at 66 east bound ,1 Nassau PD and NYS DOT at exit 42 and 2 NYPD at Douglaston exit and just past theThrogsneck bridge exit. Busy day.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Local Yocals flagging customers to the side of Route 309 in Hatfield Pennsylvania right on the Montgomery/Bucks County line. About 6 cars from area municipalities. Had several contractor-type dump trucks with trailers on the shoulder, with feet on creepers sticking out from beneath. They have been hitting tri-axles hard around here lately, especially from small fleets or junky-looking fleets due to the tri-axle versus firehouse (with fatality) crash here a few weeks ago.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

95 South near 110 mm. Got pulled on to the scale and released.

Had two ready to go into the shed.

2nd trip, got the bypass sign.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

new york has a 72 hour blitz going on right now

I even got stopped with my 1/2 ton Dodge..."It has a name on the doors and commercial plates" I was told by the Sheriffs dept.

P.T.CHESHIRE

too tough, they stink, and can tear hell out of a pasture with them rooters....I like to shoot em in the rooter with trusty ole M1 garand,,randyp

Sounds like a lotta fun Randyp, I want to own a Garand someday. I was hooked after I shot my buddies.

@ Lucern Tractor-I agree with you on what a crock of crap it is how DOT is allowed to make your job very tough with their constant nagging. I thinks its wrong that they can pull you over on the highway simply because you are a in a truck. They should have to have some cause to pull you over like a real officer not just to fill a quota and screw your day up. I dont have a lot of scales but there are a ton of DOT always on the prowl.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I even got stopped with my 1/2 ton Dodge..."It has a name on the doors and commercial plates" I was told by the Sheriffs dept.

And since many of them do not fully understand HOS regulations, there's less chance of a screw-up with the little trucks.

Jim

With that idea,my shop truck isn't allowed out along any more :)

P.T.CHESHIRE

Have'nt really seen anything to report (DOT-wise) so far this week,i'm right off the Thruway in Henrietta,NY hopefully re-load in the AM and head towards home. I fully recomend the ownership of an M-1 Garand! one of the best stress relievers ever made,got my from the Springfield armory,along with my reproduction 1911 Colt about 10 years ago,and tickled pink with both!............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My 1st gun purchase was a Springfield Armory M1 Garand...serial # places the manufacture date around 1954. Seeing as how it is only a .30, it is also my smallest gun.

2nd gun was a Springfield Armory WWII mil-spec 1911.

Two of the finest fighting guns ever made. :twothumbsup:

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I made eye contact with no one.

My kids laugh at me at the sign of relief when I get the green light or the scale is closed. They claim it is the same face they see when I come out of the bathroom after being occupied for a while.

They call it my Poker Face when I am sitting sweating it out on the scale waiting to see what the boneheads are going to do to me - don't blink, don't look to the side, don't even let them see you breathe.

Got stopped the other day by Suffolk County Motor Carrier,he didn't even ask for my license,just wanted to see my ow permit,took the permit walked around the truck looking at everything than gave it back to me and said have a nice day,also said I was the first truck he stopped that day that had an over weight permit,it's all about the money there looking for the big money tickets around here.

Well, now that I've safely made it home again, I'll come right out and say it: I didn't really see much at all going on. Couple trucks stopped here or there....could count 'em all on 1 hand, though. I didn't really do anything out of the ordinary....ran the back roads & avoided the scales which is S.O.P. for me.

With my luck, though, I'll get harassed tomorrow because they'll be out in full force to catch all the neer-do-well's who sat at home the last 3 days to avoid the blitz.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

vision, your in my back door, 45 minutes from me.

Wish i'da known,sat around most of the day,waiting on a load that eventually fell through,ended up going over to Baldwinsville to load a load of beer for a distributor down in Charlotte,NC that i can't deliver till monday...................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.