A milestone (sort of)

Happy to report the ol' girl (my CX) turned 1 million miles on the clock today,its been a damn good truck,the blocks never been apart,and what problems i have had have been minimum,(coolant tanks,phantom electrical shorts not withstanding)..............also puts about 4 million miles on MY clock! what a long strange trip its been!....................................Mark

Have to change your handle to -The dooda man"

Vinnie-you won't understand, so don't ask

1 mil and never been apart. Thats a right proud thing. says alot about the truck AND the driver

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

You should be proud as all hell !!!!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks guys for all the comments! i surely appreacieate them,this is something i am pretty proud of,and (all kidding aside) i could'nt think of a better group of people to share the news with. I do take exceptionally good care of my equipment,the credit for that goes both to my dad and grandfather,both of which were fond of saying "this truck is how i eat" which is very true,along with the old saying "ya gotta spend money to make money". the trucks been paid for since 06' and i can really say in all honesty,that it does'nt owe me a dime,it's managed to keep a roof over my families head,food on the table,and me in a job for 12 years running. I'm gonna run it as long as possible,maybe even look into something (jobwise) that will let me get home a little more often,spend some more time with my family,if i dont,i'll never get my "hobby" truck project going,getting to be too damn many idiots on the road these days,and i'm starting to not see as well at nightime anymore as i used to (old age creeping up?) but,i guess for now we'll just keep on truckin"!

Thanks again guys!

Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks guys for all the comments! i surely appreacieate them,this is something i am pretty proud of,and (all kidding aside) i could'nt think of a better group of people to share the news with. I do take exceptionally good care of my equipment,the credit for that goes both to my dad and grandfather,both of which were fond of saying "this truck is how i eat" which is very true,along with the old saying "ya gotta spend money to make money". the trucks been paid for since 06' and i can really say in all honesty,that it does'nt owe me a dime,it's managed to keep a roof over my families head,food on the table,and me in a job for 12 years running. I'm gonna run it as long as possible,maybe even look into something (jobwise) that will let me get home a little more often,spend some more time with my family,if i dont,i'll never get my "hobby" truck project going,getting to be too damn many idiots on the road these days,and i'm starting to not see as well at nightime anymore as i used to (old age creeping up?) but,i guess for now we'll just keep on truckin"!

Thanks again guys!

Mark

Well in celebration I'll buy you the first beer when we eventually meet up.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You can always make the CX a hobby truck someday. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

You can always make the CX a hobby truck someday. Paul

Paul,i have thought about that,but i've always wanted a Western R-model,and maybe a single axle B to go along with it.....................................Mark

A little figuring, average 50mph-: 4,000,000=80,000 hrs, appx 3000hrs/year = 26 years. Am I close?

FW

Never really thought about it like that,i'd have to say so!.........................Mark

Paul,i have thought about that,but i've always wanted a Western R-model,and maybe a single axle B to go along with it.....................................Mark

Can't fault a guy for that. Seems like I have both those bases covered myself.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Just let me know when you need another "nephew"...................Mark

Since we both got a little bit of experience in paint and body work maybe we could work together and get something done. I don't seem to be able to do it myself. First we got to get you a western though. I know where a nice one is out west with a crane body on the back. I don't need the truck but would sure like to have a National hydraulc stick.

Rob

What year engines were those. Were they pre 2004's. Do you run synthetics. The best thing for a long lasting piece of machinery is don't push it. Run them at 90% and they will

take care of you. Great job guys'

I sitll run mineral based oil in the engine,but synthetics in the trans. and both rears and i'm happy with the results.if i had it to do over again,i think i would run synthetic oil in the engine as well. I try to keep up with things as best i can,prolly cause i'm too cheap to pay anyone to do my dirtywork!.............2000 E-7 460, RTO-13 Road-Ranger, 3:90 Meritor rears..................Mark

getting to be too damn many idiots on the road these days,and i'm starting to not see as well at nightime anymore as i used to (old age creeping up?) but,i guess for now we'll just keep on truckin"!

Thanks again guys!

Mark

I'm with you on that- cain't see worth a crap at night, especially if i'm meeting another vehicle on a 2 lane road, or if it's raining.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm with you on that- cain't see worth a crap at night, especially if i'm meeting another vehicle on a 2 lane road, or if it's raining.

Yup,and these damn headlights some new vehicles have aint helping, the bright blue,green etc,you know the ones i mean? just blind me at night now