Found this abomination while looking for a picture of a specific LT-Mack.............what looks to be a perfectly useable LT,but with one noted (major) problem,it has (god forbid) a peterbilt front clip! hood,fenders,headlights.etc. My question would be,why would anyone do this?...............................Mark

post-5836-0-33383200-1333892533_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-73226500-1333892541_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Found this abomination while looking for a picture of a specific LT-Mack.............what looks to be a perfectly useable LT,but with one noted (major) problem,it has (god forbid) a peterbilt front clip! hood,fenders,headlights.etc. My question would be,why would anyone do this?...............................Mark

I'm not certain the truck is not one of those gawd awful things with Mack parts, (holy grail) installed? The fuel tanks, steps, door handles curvature of the windshields, etc. lead me to believe they tried to emulate a superior product as an afterthought?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If it is a Pete chassis with a LT cab & hood,which is what I'm betting,the answer is quite obvious as to why they did it.The guy was stuck with a Pete,but still wanted to maintain a little dignity,so he made it into a Mack,most untrained eyes woudn't know.

If in fact it is a full blooded LT,the guy obviously wanted to keep his truck on the road,but LT parts aren't readily available,while any junkyard or city dump is overflowing with Pete parts.

• Like 1

:twothumbsup: Probably a pete chasis. Looks like pete fuel tanks. I'd like to see more of these though not on a pete chasis. Put this on a

CH chasis and you may start a trend. I would think there would be money cross breeding LT's/B's and R's onto a CH chasis.

What would be the benefit of a CH chassis over a R chassis?

• 2 weeks later...