AHHHHH! A REALLY EARLY U! SOMEBODY SAVE IT!

I'm pretty sure since its a U615 that it would of had a V8 out of the vactory.

Somebody must have put a new motor in it cause it says its got a 237. I dont think ive seen a U model that early with a 237.

So that is how they got those lopsided things to reproduce. They were made in a "vactory".

I always wondered.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

So that is how they got those lopsided things to reproduce. They were made in a "vactory".

I always wondered.

Uncle Rob

Rob you are relentless on the boy, (young man)I'm surprised you didn't tell him the truth about the truck, you know thats not a wrecker boom, it's a self righting device.

oops uncle Rob, I ment factory.

See the stiff leg boom on the left? That was an attempt by the wrecker bed manufacturer to keep the truck on it's wheels. They were to automatically deploy via a early attempt at a roll over sensor to keep those lopsided things upright. They had skid pads for feet and would slide along the road surface until the threat relaxed, (usually a left turn would do it) and the truck could then maintain stability on it's own.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That U sure isnt the 56th U built. Even if the title wasnt fudged and recontructed with the VIN , it would be the 56th U 615 model. Not the U model. Also the front would look exactly like the U model I have here.

With your love for U's , id save up and start saving them.

Something tells me this one will be going out of the country. Vinny, you may be having to save for a boat ride if your wanting to save this truck. Ya know......if you had an uncle that really cared about you.......he would save that truck for you.

mike

Relax Vinney, with a reconstructed title, the only thing original about that thing is the serial number plate.

Don't all U's have reconstructed titles?? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't all U's have reconstructed titles?? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I think they were error stamped, fucked up R models that were sent to the Vactory to have the initial "Suck" put into them they'll never get over.

Rob