Bad accident

DigDug

Our safety compliance guy sent this out to everyone as a reminder to pay attention at all times while driving.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

There was a bad accident not too far from here last Monday that killed 3 people. 5 trucks and a couple of cars were involved. 2 sludge trucks were going west on rt. 60 and 2 wood trucks and a lumber truck were going east when the first sludge truck crossed the center line. Killed the sludge truck driver,and 2 guys in one of the log trucks.They burned up in the truck. Several more went to the hospital, the cars came along and hit debris in the road as the cab was knocked completely off of one truck, and there was axles, logs, parts and pieces of trucks,and sludge all over the road.This happened about 5 am and 60 was closed all day. I know the guy that was driving the Mack with the load of lumber,he wasn't hurt.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's a shame. Hopefully the video will teach some people to pay attention. My dad has always taught me to pay attention and learn from other peoples mistakes. I will say that my dad is a pretty good driver. Any time he has to text somebody while he's driving, he always passes the phone to me or whoever is riding with him. He always says to focus on what's up ahead. We believe that alot of accidents are caused by the drivers that are looking at the end of their hood.

Not paying attention is the most popular cause of accidents, not only while driving, but in life in general.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I hate driving on roads that have slush/ice built up inbetween the lanes. As shown, it only takes one millisecond for it to go ALL WRONG.

Sad what happened. The world will never know WHY it happened(on phone, texting, or just day dreaming). Speculate all you want.

Lost an employee last week, died in his sleep. We are all still stunned, been a 25 yr employee, hired right after me. LIfe if precious. How's that song go........"Live like I was dieing"

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

One of the many things I learned early on the job is life is short and you had best live your life the way you want now, because tomorrow may never come.

I can't tell you how many accidents I responded to where someone was killed through absolutely no fault of their own. They kissed their spouse goodbye in the morning and never came home again. Makes you appreciate life.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

After I moved out of the house, everytime I saw my dad or talked to him on the phone (which was every day), he would sign off by saying: "be good, this may be our last day". 15 years later it was for him - he was ready to go whenever it happened.

He said the reason he always behaved in life was so that when he died, he got to go the place where all the log chains have hooks on both ends.

One of the many things I learned early on the job is life is short and you had best live your life the way you want now, because tomorrow may never come.

I can't tell you how many accidents I responded to where someone was killed through absolutely no fault of their own. They kissed their spouse goodbye in the morning and never came home again. Makes you appreciate life.

Been there myself more than once.

Wrecks involving fatalities are never easy, no matter how cold you are.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Wrecks involving fatalities are never easy, no matter how cold you are.

And it also makes you obsessive about your kids when they start driving. For the entire time they lived at home after they started driving I was convinced that every time they drove away would be the last time I saw them.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the road again, first trip, Maine to Pa back to NH with a loader. On the way down there was a Subaru wagon that had spun out and hit the passing lane gaurd rail several times rotating. Both doors were open, one person on the ground not moving and one slumped across the front not moving. I don't think the outcome was very good. Alot of crazy drivers out there. Sitting in Pa tonight, Carlisle, loading in the am, another new loader and back to NH by tomorrow night, then? Who knows.