I usually got a finger full of Vicks Salve shoved up my nostril, mam said it would help "purge" my sinful language, good for colds too, matter of fact, highly possible I ate a few sandwiches with it too, Dern, she musta bought it by the gallon! foul smelling stuff! randyp

• Like 1

We were brought up with "LAVA" hand soap,had the grit in it,so it never lost traction while in your mouth.............course, i come from a long line of masters of profanity,so it should come as no suprize that i spent a lot of time with soap in my mouth!...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

pop would say it was a waste of good soap.........usually the belt did the trick. that was in the '50's and the belt was still legal.

The belt is still legal when no one knows about it, at least at my house - not that I would condone that or anything - right?

• Like 1

Me?? Heck no!!!! I'll call social services!!!

You would only do that once around my place. Don't think the thought of any third party intervention would ever cross your mind a second time.

Of course what I would do would be based solely on love, affection, compassion, and great interest in your developing future. On top of that I'd make a few bucks at the pawn shop on your "U" model.

Rob

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

You would only do that once around my place. Don't think the thought of any third party intervention would ever cross your mind a second time.

Of course what I would do would be based solely on love, affection, compassion, and great interest in your developing future. On top of that I'd make a few bucks at the pawn shop on your "U" model.

Rob

Rob

:clap: Yes my thoughts also. I've told my boy these same words and have told him 10 minutes behind the barn and you'll have a different outlook on life. Even now that he is Mr. football linebacker I could teach him a new "play"

Now how did Vinny get into this mess.....I wouldn't worry about the youngster thats hangin' around with us learning about Mack trucks. Worry about beating the asses of the hipsters with their pants hangin off their ass, listening to the latest gang banger tunes, smokin dope and spraying graffiti on our old trucks parked in our back yards.

Now in everyone elses defense....Vinny that social services crap upsets these guys because...how can I say this.

Too many lame brained screwball "guidance counselors" who are fresh out of phsycology class are teaching children today that they cant be punished for doing any wrong. It's a big problem when children today think they know better than the adults around them and think they can run their own show when just last week they had their noses and behinds wiped by those same adults. Things are different today than they were years ago, I think because of a few bad apples that have outright ABUSED their children, laws and programs have been put in place over the years to protect children, which is a good thing.

HOWEVER now we have spoiled little snot nosed punks who have had their "nintendo" taken away. Now they want to get back at mommy and daddy....so they call child services and open up a big can of worms for their whole family....This is nonsense.

So indeed, as a youngster if you throw that around....you just might get slapped upside the head.

Im a younger man myself, but my father was of a MUCH older school than most peoples fathers. Ex military and WW2 vet. If I was out of line I was knocked clear across the floor.....however, sometimes the harder your head, the bigger the slap required to adjust your thinking cap. Personally I think its necessary in some cases. "Spare the rod, spoil the child".

You are a good kid Vinny Im sure of it....just dont throw that child services stuff around...it wont get you very far with the older guys.....maybe even a slap in the head hahaha.

• Like 1