Hey Vinny,

Don't forget your Run-Away protection! Even one thats been sitting for a couple months can have a stuck rack. Post your video on Youtube, then you can post the link on here so we can see it. Soon I'll get a video of our Scania Diesel powered B60 running and post it too.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

We were brought up with "LAVA" hand soap,had the grit in it,so it never lost traction while in your mouth.............course, i come from a long line of masters of profanity,so it should come as no suprize that i spent a lot of time with soap in my mouth!...............................Mark

Me too Mark: Along w/ LYE Soap . My grandparents believed in the Lava & the Lye soap also . The Lava soap is like have emory cloth or sandpaper in your mouth cause of the pumice in the Lava Soap :blink:

Honestly cant say which was worse, CAUSE BOTH WERE BAD TASTING !!! :blink: i got my fair shair of both due to using choice words :rolleyes:

My baby sister laughed her ass off cause i got a mouth full of Lava Soap 1 time . Maw Maw (our grandma that raised us & my older sister) Turned around & gave her a mouth full . & as bad as i wanted to laugh i knew better . (Though i did laugh my ass off @ school about it the following Monday its a wonder i didnt get a mouth full of soap when i got home just fer laughing about it)

Ditto on what B67 Said i too was raised old school by my grandparents on my dads side & the ill call DHS Bullcookies was just that Bull Cookies. THAT DIDNT FLY W/ My grandparents & it dont fly w/ me & im, 36 pushing 37 (same age as Vinny's U Model ;) )

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Me too Mark Alone w/ LYE Soap . My grandparents believed in the Lava & the Lye soap also .

Honestly cant say which was worse, CAUSE BOTH WERE BAD TASTING !!!

My baby sister laughed her ass off cause i got a mouth full of Lava Soap 1 time . Maw Maw (our grandma that raised us & my older sister) Turned around & gave her a mouth full . & as bad as i wanted to laugh i knew better . (Though i did laugh my ass off @ school about it the following Monday its a wonder i didnt get a mouth full of soap when i got home just fer laughing about it)

Ditto on what B67 Said i too was raised old school by my grandparents on my dads side & the ill call DHS Bullcookies was just that Bull Cookies. THAT DIDNT FLY W/ My grandparents & it dont fly w/ me & im, 36 pushing 37 (same age as Vinny's U Model ;) )

:mack1:

ha ha. im goona try to have a party for my mack on its birthday(july 16th) :tease:

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

i dont have a youtube acount. ill try to just post it on here like a picture. im going to post it on sunday. cant wait to see your video!! oh and the U dont have a foot pedal, its only got a hand throttle, kinda hard to shift. i will be in neutral anyways.

That might work. No matter what throttle control it has, the pump it self is where the rack is. The first time we started our B model, the rack was stuck and let me tell you, it was SCARY! Luckily, we had a piece of ceramic tile to cover the intake. Even in neutral, the engine could still over rev and be damaged.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Ben

Sounds like lotsa fun Vinny. I am envious of you being able to play with your Mack, mine is 3 1/2 hours away from me.

i know how you feel. when we first got my u model it was at the guy who we bought it froms house and thats where we worked on it. that was happening for about a year. it was about 45 minutes away too.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Great! I can't wait to see the video. We haven't been able to run ours because when it starts it fills the whole shop with smoke. We need to get a hose to take the exhaust out the door. Hopefully we'll get a hose soon so we can run it.

Ben

Edited by JumperAndSon

We all sat up all night waiting for the video - I am going to have to get some sleep sometime................

I don't think there is a video. The thing was probably unable to start from a long winter's slumber. I'm wonderin if the the battery charger instuction pages are stuck together in anticipation????

Hopefully that'll get em going!!

Rob

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

They don't get that truck started soon, the poor boy is going to have a hunch back and buck teeth!!!

im sure he,ll still be wetting his pants to hear that truck run,,,but he might be wetting his pants without the truck running also.teeehheeeteeehee :banana::tease: and yes,,,ive had my share of ivery soap,,,but that was more for back talking..over???bob

They don't get that truck started soon, the poor boy is going to have a hunch back and buck teeth!!!

And BLIND!!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The content of this thread is inappropriate for a 12 year old to be reading. I'm sure Vinny can handle it, it's me I'm worried about.

He's prolly in school right now but based on what I've seen of his school schedule so far, he should be off the rest of the week for Late Winter-Post St Patrick's Day-Pre Spring Recess. He'll have plenty of time to post the video then.

Jim

I know the feeling of anticipation. After we fixed the injector pump on our B model, I couldn't wait to hear it run. It took forever to prime the system and it was frustrating. But that feeling of sitting in that seat, hitting that pedal, and hearing that beautiful sound is made so much better when you had to wait for it. Especially after that terrifying feeling of sitting in the seat when it ran away the first time, it was a huge relief.

Ben

The content of this thread is inappropriate for a 12 year old to be reading. I'm sure Vinny can handle it, it's me I'm worried about.

He's prolly in school right now but based on what I've seen of his school schedule so far, he should be off the rest of the week for Late Winter-Post St Patrick's Day-Pre Spring Recess. He'll have plenty of time to post the video then.

You are correct and I feel bad for all of about 15 seconds then put it behind me and move along lost in the shuffle.

Rob