Hello from Huntington, MA.

2stick6speed

Great site! I am trying to figure out how to upload pictures of my 72 RD685S Just got the truck last week. Spent its life in NC as a wrecker. I bought as a cab and chassis. Plan on restoring and putting a fifth wheel on. I have pics on my computer but cannot figure out how to upload to site, any suggestions?

Great site! I am trying to figure out how to upload pictures of my 72 RD685S Just got the truck last week. Spent its life in NC as a wrecker. I bought as a cab and chassis. Plan on restoring and putting a fifth wheel on. I have pics on my computer but cannot figure out how to upload to site, any suggestions?

If you hit the "start new topic button" at the top right and then go down to the bottom right and hit "more reply options" it'll open up pic and link options to you. good luck and Welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good. A little compound and elbow grease, that'l shine right up.

Gotta love them gold motors too. Simple, no electronic,EPA,no smoke, computer crap.

Good luck with it

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I am fairly new to the site but I will say welcome from a fellow New Englander. I had to look on a map to find Huntington.You have plenty of Mack friends in the area. The guys who run the Western Mass ATCA chapter know as much about Macks as anyone else. Oh, very nice truck (tractor), too!

Looks good. A little compound and elbow grease, that'l shine right up.

Gotta love them gold motors too. Simple, no electronic,EPA,no smoke, computer crap.

Good luck with it

Took the words right outta' my mouth!.....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Not sure where in NC the truck spent most of its life. I bought it from a company in Taunton, MA. They bought it for the Holmes wrecker body. They put it on one of their newer heavy RDs. I learned to drive on a 77 RD tractor and spent a lot of time working on Mack Rs eversince. I used to own a MH twin screw cabover, former penske rental truck. Hauled scrap steel to Albany NY from western MA area. Sure wish I still had it today!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Not sure where in NC the truck spent most of its life. I bought it from a company in Taunton, MA. They bought it for the Holmes wrecker body. They put it on one of their newer heavy RDs. I learned to drive on a 77 RD tractor and spent a lot of time working on Mack Rs eversince. I used to own a MH twin screw cabover, former penske rental truck. Hauled scrap steel to Albany NY from western MA area. Sure wish I still had it today!

welcome 2 stick. i'm a couple of towns up from you in hinsdale.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

Welcome. Looks like a nice rust free southern truck. Mark, my bet is it came the Wake Forest- Rollsville area. There is a towing company there on 401 that replaced a red hard dash R with a CH a couple of years ago.