Midnight uninvited guest

Olivetroad

We had a midnight visitor last night - well, technically it was at 10:30 but it was dark out and nothing good happens after dark.

The dumb ass got to digging in some storage containers where I keep truck parts and he fooled with some PTO's and some crane blocks - WTF? was he just planning to carry them all out?

post-6658-0-02043000-1331047448_thumb.jp

He also flipped a table with a aerial lift bucket sitting on it over - Why?

post-6658-0-90275800-1331047460_thumb.jp

My son was filling the wood furnace for the night and heard the noise so I grabbed this:

post-6658-0-90698300-1331047515_thumb.jp

I called 911 and told them they had 30 seconds to get here to beat me to the barn, hung up when the dumb broad dispatcher told me to stay in the house, and then did my best turkey stalk up the drive to see what was up

The jackass was inside a junk 28 foot semi trailer and he stuck his head out and saw me right when I saw him, he then raised his hand and I thought he might have a weapon so I shot him. I had #4 shot and I was pretty far away, but I shoot where I look and I practice. 1/4 of the pattern hit the trailer side and the rest went in the trailer, so I at least tickled him. I never knew you could pattern a shotgun so well on the side of an aluminum trailer!

post-6658-0-98835700-1331047437_thumb.jp

After I shot, I ducked behind a tractor parked in the lot and I heard him fall out of the trailer onto the rock. I ran sideways behind a stack of supersingles on a pallet and got two more shots off in his direction - I could not see in the dark where he was. The hay rake, the DM, and the Massey fork lift all took one for the team as they got peppered with shot

post-6658-0-80969400-1331047425_thumb.jp

The dirtbag ran off and hid around my neighbors diesel tanks until the cops came and he took off again and they did not catch him. They called this morning and said that no one had checked in at the hospital with a gun shot wound - yet.

I hope that whatever led this misguided individual to come to MY house last night gets fixed, the whole neighborhood is out right now armed and looking for him. My wife sat up all night after this while I snored away, I slept the sleep of an innocent babe knowing that a pistol packing pregnant woman was watching over things!

• Like 1

Olivetroad 1 Shithead 0. I have a Mossberg 590A1 that looks a lot like your scatter gun that hold 9 shots of cuz I said so. Hope the dirtbag gets caught. :twothumbsup:

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Olivetroad 1 Shithead 0. I have a Mossberg 590A1 that looks a lot like your scatter gun that hold 9 shots of cuz I said so. Hope the dirtbag gets caught. :twothumbsup:

Cuz I said so - that wins the quote of the day!

My Winchester 1300 holds 8 shots of 2 3/4. If I use my reloads and I over crimp the tops with my Hornady reloader, I can get 9 in. I laughed at myself when I was shooting at that cat last night, I kept counting down how many shots I had left, as if I was going to need all eight.

Don't tell the guys at the sporting clays club that I was using a Winchester, I usually can only be seen with a Browning.

That sucks that people pull that crap - but glad to hear you got the best of him! :twothumbsup:

Slightly related:

That is funny! The main difference between the video and last night, was what I was wearing.

My camisole was pink

• Like 2

...I had #4 shot...

Screw the #4 shot. If something is worth shooting, I want it to KNOW its been shot. I keep my scattergun loaded with alternating rounds of this:

1%2012GA%20Centurion%20Multi%20buckball%205001400.jpg

and this:

DSC03669.JPGPD_PDX1-12_IL_Disperse.jpg

Like I said, if something is worth shooting at, it is worth making sure it knows it has been hit.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yup....remington 870 with with a 20" bbl and an extended magazine tube (holds 7 rounds + 1 in the chamber). Shell carriers on the stock and on the receiver hold 11 more rounds. Surefire light on the muzzle with a pressure switch on the forend let me light 'em up REAL good.....and if you're lit up, you's in my sights. Added the heat shield just for S&G....makes it look bad-ass.

post-1673-0-93960800-1331079138_thumb.jp

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Here's mine Olivetroad, Mossberg 590 A1 heavy barrel topped with ghost ring sights, six shell side saddle, super sling, 8+1 capacity of cuz I said so :D

post-8681-0-81598200-1331081399_thumb.jp

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I love it! Good for you. Glad to see folks using shotguns instead of a hand gun. Easier to hit the target and the intimidation factor is ten fold.

Reminds me of a co-worker who came home to find a pile of his possessions in the front hallway. He called the cops, told the dispatcher he had a gun and he was going to shoot the intruder. He said you could hear sirens starting all over the city before he even hung up. They caught the guy hiding in the basement with an ass full of broad head arrows that he stuck in himself when he fell on them running from my friend.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Screw the #4 shot. If something is worth shooting, I want it to KNOW its been shot. I keep my scattergun loaded with alternating rounds of this:

1%2012GA%20Centurion%20Multi%20buckball%205001400.jpg

and this:

DSC03669.JPGPD_PDX1-12_IL_Disperse.jpg

Like I said, if something is worth shooting at, it is worth making sure it knows it has been hit.

Where I screwed up was I always store my house gun with the chamber empty - kids in the house! I pulled on my Muck boots over my jammies, put on a black wool coat (wool is quiet), a black hat, grabbed the gun and what I thought was another home defense round like I keep in the gun. But I grabbed a turkey load instead - They both are Remington black shells. So of course the first round that I hit him with was only #4 shot. The Mack DM log truck, the hay rake, and the Massey forklift were the ones that got the double OO buckshot as he ran between them. I found some pieces of his clothes in the trailer, so I got confirmation I hit him.

I had a meeting with a local deputy this afternoon about all this and all I have heard from any of them is that they were glad I shot him - shooting in the air just makes them think you are scared.

I went to the diner for lunch today and of course the rumors were flying: I had been shot, someone had broken into my house, etc, etc, etc. I am just glad that this episode adds to the common belief around here to stay off my property unless invited - he is that crazy farmer that shoots first and asks questions later.

How far did this guy need to travel on foot? You may find what's left of his sorry ass in the woods some day. A friend of mine shot a thief (after being shot at first). The guy died about two weeks later from the unremoved shot pellets.

How far did this guy need to travel on foot? You may find what's left of his sorry ass in the woods some day. A friend of mine shot a thief (after being shot at first). The guy died about two weeks later from the unremoved shot pellets.

We know he made it to my nearest neighbor which is about 3/8 of a mile across a pasture. There is a big lit up county water tower right there that tends to draw the crack heads like moths to the flame. The deputies saw him trying to hide there but did not catch him. It is on a gravel road that had several cars go by right after they saw him. I bet he had a meth buddy pick him up. As far as medical treatment, Rooster Cogburn would be fine, but I doubt if the meth buddies are the ones I would want operating on me.