Evel Kinevels Mack 1st start up

41chevy

Sounds good, never realized how bad the cab is. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Sounds good, never realized how bad the cab is. Paul

Looks like a fresh reman injection pump. Strange sound with the "rapping" noise. Don't know if exhaust manifold leak or what but doesn't sound normal.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Wasn't that noise the compresso?

It is pronounced on both sides of the engine so it prolly is not a good thing........

That oil discharge is at the cooler prior to lubricating the engine as its right off the oil pump. The noise sounds like starviation to me.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

here is the link. Only Cummins he had was in his K.W. 100. MACK was on board with him, along with H.D. and AMC at one time. Paul

http://www.restoreevelrig.com/

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

ya,,i saw it for sale somewhere recently,,,,,noticed it was pretty rough,was wondering how a public eye vehicle wound up getting so neglected,,nice to see someone is taking it on,,and not just scrapping it out,,,sounds like a stuck valve...bob

here is the link. Only Cummins he had was in his K.W. 100. MACK was on board with him, along with H.D. and AMC at one time. Paul

http://www.restoreevelrig.com/

Ok. I would have swore I saw a build sheet or something similar for an FL with the Cummins.

From a happier time in it's life:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71125167@N00/3934350052/sizes/l/in/photostream/

3934350052_63af187b82_b.jpg

Jim

A year or so ago someone posted on here about wanting parts for this truck. I exchanged a few PM's with him. He sent a link to the Evil and Robbie Kinevel web site which had pictures of the truck in its heyday. Signed his emails RK which I assume is Robbie Kinevel. I could have been fooled. He said he got a cab from Dennis Meehan so didn't need anything of mine. Someone on here suggested he contact American Trucker which he must have done because of the show which aired last year. The show was a farce, how they went looking for it, but I guess that is television.

Mike

I guess some call it a 283, but I've always known them as a 300 or (300+ if they were backed by a 13 speed) with the tip turbine. (ENDT 676, correct?)

I do know it has an automatic transmission.

420822_362993257046718_190768707602508_1478939_1188577137_n.jpg

Brad Wike was supposed to get it running & moving (which he did) and then it was to go to Elizabeth Truck Center in Joisey to do the rest.

• Like 1

Terry

Julian, PA

Correct me if im wrong...

all the 285 tip turbines were only charge air intercooled

all 300+ tip turbines were charge air and water intercooled

I seam to only see the combo air/water intercooled set up on just the 300+ engines?

anyone

the EK truck looks to e a 285 as it lacks the water lines and water intercooler on the box.

trent

Correct me if im wrong...

all the 285 tip turbines were only charge air intercooled

all 300+ tip turbines were charge air and water intercooled

I seam to only see the combo air/water intercooled set up on just the 300+ engines?

anyone

the EK truck looks to e a 285 as it lacks the water lines and water intercooler on the box.

trent

I think it was into the mid 1981 model year they went to the chassis mounted charge air cooler.

Rob

Rob I think Thats correct with the introduction of the 300HP maxidyne. the hoods also were a few inches longer to help fit the front mount intercooler

The shops had about a 50% rejection rate on hood orders during that timeframe.

Rob

Is this an aluminum Hayward F-Model????? Brings back memories of my father's Hayward F-Model single screw tractor, had a 300/5 speed/2 speed rear, he hauled new Trailmobile Trailers out of the factory in Lansdale, Pa. for Charles E. Danbury for years before he switched to freight and got an Allentown F-Model with a 300+ and twin screws.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS