Evel Kinevels Mack 1st start up

41chevy

Had an other brand X too...Guess breaking all them bones will make you do odd things............

692.jpg

I kinda like the K100 and the not-so common Pete 352H, which was designed specifically for the newly introduced Cummins KT450 and Cat 3408.

I'll shutup and go to my room now.

Jim

I never cared much for the cabover Peterbilts, but the KWs were good looking trucks,eh? I drove them for a long time.

Whew! I feel like I dodged a bullet. I think the standard 352 was better looking than the "H" pictured above, but I also prefer the K100. I think Evel's might be a '72 because it has the then new style nameplate next to the step but the old style doors which is the same as the '72 my Dad drove. I've seen others from that era that came from the factory with the old nameplate and new style doors.

The F model Mack was and always will be my favorite cabover but the first time I climbed into the then 2 year old K125 I almost had to catch my breath. It was huge and had thick padding everywhere. It had the same stripes as Evel's only it was blue/white where this one is red/tan. It had a/c, 8 track tape player, sliding 5th wheel, and heated mirrors! For the drivetrain, it had a 350 Cummins, RTO-915 trans, and 4.44 rears on torsion bar. It seemed unstoppable with 40,000 lbs of bananas in the box.

I'll go back to my room now.

Jim

Is any one in Florida keeping track of progress of his F model.Be nice to see pictures of progress.Bob

phoca_thumb_l_6.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_1.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_4.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_2.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_3.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Bob D. They towed Evil's F-Model to North Carolina. I think that is where they are restoring it. Joe D.

Brad Wikes is doing the work isn't he,Joe? In fact I think thats him in pics! I've only seen him on movies and TV! ..... Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Brad Wikes is doing the work isn't he,Joe? In fact I think thats him in pics! I've only seen him on movies and TV! ..... Al

Brads even got his wife working on it too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Al I watched Rob Mariani on I think American Truckers move Evil'S F-Model from Florida to Brad Wike's in North Carolina.Like all reality shows they make it more dramatic than it actually is. I remember reading once that sleeper on Evil's F-Model was shortened. It is smaller than even the short factory one which I think was 24". Joe D.

Here is the "new" donor cab. It's at Elizabeth Truck Center in New Jersey. They are apparently going to do the cab swap w/ the body and paint there. Seems to be alot of B model on the left side of photo too. Paul

post-3242-0-35459500-1330802159.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

Been to ETC (Elizabeth truck center) must be big money envolved,nice enough guys,but not what i would call a" Mack friendly " shop! stopped by looking for something for my truck,"why spend money on a Mack?" they asked,more pete and KW oriented................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Been to ETC (Elizabeth truck center) must be big money envolved,nice enough guys,but not what i would call a" Mack friendly " shop! stopped by looking for something for my truck,"why spend money on a Mack?" they asked,more pete and KW oriented................................Mark

They do fine work, but that's pretty ignorant.

Jim

People just dont know what CLASS realiy is!!! Ron
  • Like 1

They supposedly did a few paint jobs for Old Macks.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Al I watched Rob Mariani on I think American Truckers move Evil'S F-Model from Florida to Brad Wike's in North Carolina.Like all reality shows they make it more dramatic than it actually is. I remember reading once that sleeper on Evil's F-Model was shortened. It is smaller than even the short factory one which I think was 24". Joe D.

Joe-seen that episode myself(watch it on the computer).Oh, it's shorter than the 72",huh? Thats short,but then look at the shack on the back! Definetly a one-off truck.I have an old OVERDRIVE mag from the 70's, where they interviewed Evel.On the American Trucker series,yeah there is a bit of drama involved.But as one member of our chapter says,"if the kids watch it,it might get them involved in the hobby".He could be right!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Joe-seen that episode myself(watch it on the computer).Oh, it's shorter than the 72",huh? Thats short,but then look at the shack on the back! Definetly a one-off truck.I have an old OVERDRIVE mag from the 70's, where they interviewed Evel.On the American Trucker series,yeah there is a bit of drama involved.But as one member of our chapter says,"if the kids watch it,it might get them involved in the hobby".He could be right!

In that Overdrive interview, did Evel say something about "blowing a million bucks on a party that will make party's in ancient Rome look sick." There's no way I can remember it word for word, but I do remember the testosterone dripping off the pages.

Jim