Funny, sad, but true ebay listing - he tells it like it is!

Olivetroad

I love it. Using the internet to get the word out to folks about crappy customer service; that's why Al Gore invented it! (Just ask him)

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The more things go in the crapper, the less people care what they think I guess. I enjoyed that. Kinda agree with him. A bearing went out on the fan drive of my CH the other day so I called Bruckner's Mack and they can't sell the bearings but would be happy to sell me a complete $600 fan drive hub! I said no thanks and went to Texas Bearing and got two new bearings plus tax for $20 and some change. We can't fix anything anymore, just buy a new one! Trey

The more things go in the crapper, the less people care what they think I guess. I enjoyed that. Kinda agree with him. A bearing went out on the fan drive of my CH the other day so I called Bruckner's Mack and they can't sell the bearings but would be happy to sell me a complete $600 fan drive hub! I said no thanks and went to Texas Bearing and got two new bearings plus tax for $20 and some change. We can't fix anything anymore, just buy a new one! Trey

I deal with this daily. Imagine putting a college educated electronics major with years of "schooling" who can't fix jack shit without a computer pointing to the suspected defective module, on a 60 plus year old inoperable radar, or power generation set. Usually it's some nickle dick piece of garbage that has failed, but this "new generation mentality" can't find the root cause until an old belligerant SOB like me comes along.

What is wrong with this picture? "They" can pay this new generation of field technician less than 1/2 what I make without any prospect of acheiving the same level of compensation, yet expect the same level of performance. Using this mentality it is less expensive on the parts counter and distribution network to not pay for a knowlege base, but rather supply ready built sub modules for less parts handling at greater profit margin encompassing the possible problem area(s).

But I could be wrong too.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I liked what he said about the dealer who stocked no parts. I wonder why some of these parts places don't set up a kiosk in the mall with no parts so they can charge you for their shipping costs. At least you would not be optimistic and think they might actually have something on the shelf.

Fred

I liked what he said about the dealer who stocked no parts. I wonder why some of these parts places don't set up a kiosk in the mall with no parts so they can charge you for their shipping costs. At least you would not be optimistic and think they might actually have something on the shelf.

Fred

I don't even like using the ATM....if a company was going to make me use a kiosk to order my own parts for my truck, I'd be trading it in for another brand....one which still had parts in stock & people available to hand 'em to me.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I deal with this daily. Imagine putting a college educated electronics major with years of "schooling" who can't fix jack shit without a computer pointing to the suspected defective module, on a 60 plus year old inoperable radar, or power generation set. Usually it's some nickle dick piece of garbage that has failed, but this "new generation mentality" can't find the root cause until an old belligerant SOB like me comes along.

What is wrong with this picture? "They" can pay this new generation of field technician less than 1/2 what I make without any prospect of acheiving the same level of compensation, yet expect the same level of performance. Using this mentality it is less expensive on the parts counter and distribution network to not pay for a knowlege base, but rather supply ready built sub modules for less parts handling at greater profit margin encompassing the possible problem area(s).

But I could be wrong too.

Rob

that's why I hate advance auto parts. if it's not in their computer it does not exist to them. they have no clue how to measure a belt and find you one that fits your 1967 Schnortzendeigerville station wagon because it's not in their computer, even though the same belt fits a '98 Grand Riggerbeeter Supreme pickup and they have 10 of them on the shelf.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Olive: Your Buddy Laid The Cards on the table (as my boss would say) Gotta Admire A person for somthing like that.

Hell If i go in the store to pay my cell phone bill there is a $3 charge for paying in the store & if i use my ATM/Debit Card to pay the bill in the store thats another $2 .

BUT i can pay it online & it doesnt cost me any extra. AH The joy of actually going in a store & having to deal w/ a human . But you can pay your phone bil online & not get any extra charges SHEESH !!! <_<:rolleyes::icon_bs:

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

that's why I hate advance auto parts. if it's not in their computer it does not exist to them. they have no clue how to measure a belt and find you one that fits your 1967 Schnortzendeigerville station wagon because it's not in their computer, even though the same belt fits a '98 Grand Riggerbeeter Supreme pickup and they have 10 of them on the shelf

Pretty much the same for the local NAPA (No Auto Parts Available) store here. Man do I miss the old time jobbers who could tell you what you had in your hand before you asked for the part. But, I'm also guilty of ordering by the net so I can save some dough, don't have to drive to town, and not get frustrated by the counter person not being able to find the part on the computer.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I don't buy or pay for anything online. I don't pay extra fees either. If I'm going to be charged a "convenience fee" for paying over the phone with a credit card, I'll write a check and mail in the payment....if they want extra money to get paid now, they can wait for what I actually owe 'em.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Pretty much the same for the local NAPA (No Auto Parts Available) store here. Man do I miss the old time jobbers who could tell you what you had in your hand before you asked for the part. But, I'm also guilty of ordering by the net so I can save some dough, don't have to drive to town, and not get frustrated by the counter person not being able to find the part on the computer.

NAPA around here has a pretty damn good supply of parts...truck parts too. They are usually my 1st stop if I can't get to Mack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Napa in my area sucks big time, I absolutely refuse to set foot in the local store here and its the only parts store in town and the next nearest is 42 miles away and thats where I go. NAPA has screwed me twice on their "lifetime warranties" and on their extremely overpriced products. Twice our local NAPA wouldnt honor their s$!* starters that either didnt work right out of the box or worked for 1-2 days and quit. Once was on a work pickup recently, starter crapped out had local mechanic put it in. That same day fount out ring gear had a flat spot and had to turn engine by hand before engaging the starter. Long story short is started pickup that day, drove it 60 miles to the dealership, had them put ring gear in and the truck wouldnt start for them when they finished the job. they put new starter in to free up the work bay, I came and got the truck, brought the reciept for NAPA starter and starter to the store and was told without the original box I can not return the LIFETIME WARRANTIED starter to them with a reciept. Mind you that when I put the NAPA starter in they required me to put the core in the box the new starter came in to get credit for it. WTF!? I am ranting I know but I have had horrible dealings with NAPA Stores and NAPA parts in MT.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Napa in my area sucks big time, I absolutely refuse to set foot in the local store here and its the only parts store in town and the next nearest is 42 miles away and thats where I go. NAPA has screwed me twice on their "lifetime warranties" and on their extremely overpriced products. Twice our local NAPA wouldnt honor their s$!* starters that either didnt work right out of the box or worked for 1-2 days and quit. Once was on a work pickup recently, starter crapped out had local mechanic put it in. That same day fount out ring gear had a flat spot and had to turn engine by hand before engaging the starter. Long story short is started pickup that day, drove it 60 miles to the dealership, had them put ring gear in and the truck wouldnt start for them when they finished the job. they put new starter in to free up the work bay, I came and got the truck, brought the reciept for NAPA starter and starter to the store and was told without the original box I can not return the LIFETIME WARRANTIED starter to them with a reciept. Mind you that when I put the NAPA starter in they required me to put the core in the box the new starter came in to get credit for it. WTF!? I am ranting I know but I have had horrible dealings with NAPA Stores and NAPA parts in MT.

It does seem like Napa is hit and miss depending on the store. We have a great locally owned Napa that is in kind of a hole in the wall place, but it has been owned by the same family for 75 years. They are just great to deal with - they stock the parts that you actually need, and get anything else in overnight. They have a complete machine shop that does good work, and have the best selection of hydraulic fittings around. But I have heard rumors that the corp. offices of Napa are trying to buy out the store - you know what will happen then - they will build a new store along the highway, that is real well lit up inside with all kinds of neon signs and crap, but they won't stock the stuff that the farm folks around here really need.

It does seem like Napa is hit and miss depending on the store. We have a great locally owned Napa that is in kind of a hole in the wall place, but it has been owned by the same family for 75 years. They are just great to deal with - they stock the parts that you actually need, and get anything else in overnight. They have a complete machine shop that does good work, and have the best selection of hydraulic fittings around. But I have heard rumors that the corp. offices of Napa are trying to buy out the store - you know what will happen then - they will build a new store along the highway, that is real well lit up inside with all kinds of neon signs and crap, but they won't stock the stuff that the farm folks around here really need.

That is exactly what happened in the Peoria, IL market. No more private owned stores of any brand any longer. Consequently, no stocked parts you actually need unless it's a consumable for a less than 10 year old car.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob i think that is the guys that work there have a bad day or not knowing what they are doing. The napa stores here is total differnt.They only have hi/school kids working here at our town but most of them are nice kids just trying to get a start.One of them run ever time he sees me cause i make fun of the large black buttons he has in his ears for rings.

glenn akers

Rob i think that is the guys that work there have a bad day or not knowing what they are doing. The napa stores here is total differnt.They only have hi/school kids working here at our town but most of them are nice kids just trying to get a start.One of them run ever time he sees me cause i make fun of the large black buttons he has in his ears for rings.

I know what you mean Glenn. We only have a Carquest here in town and they started carrying Haldex parts for me recently. I make fun of the owner's son, (known him for years) about his "hoops" being for basketball, and ear rings being for girls. He's a good kid and his dad has been in the auto parts business for over 30 years. They try to run it like the "old days" and manage the best they can, but being private owned, cannot carry the inventory of the past. Usually overnight at no charge so we do the best we can.

Rob

I think you guys are right (Rob & Olivetroad) about the NAPA stores going to hell once they are no longer family owned. Once the family owned stores are corporate owned no one seems to care about customer service or you leaving there satisfied. they look at it (here especially) as you have to come here or drive an hour away to get parts. Pick your poison I guess.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.