Truck tire changer

randyp

I buy lots of stuff from Northern Tool and Equipment, they send me lots of catalogs. I keep seeing ad for E-Z way tire changer. It says you can break bead from both sides without turning tire over. It show pic of 2 tire tools, one looks kinda hinged. Cost is 289.00. Anybody on here ever used one or have any input? I dont wanna pay that much to test something. I didnt think there was anything e-z way bout breaking a truck tire down. Anybody familiar with this apparatus? thank you,,,randypee

Tire shop near me has a similar set up, I do know its only for tubeless tires. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Seen a tire shop use them. Seems to work great to break it down.

Still need lots of lube and grunt to put it back though

Hows that air compressor working? looking at maybe getting one

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Yeah Paul, I think ad said that also. It shows tire on ground, and guy standing on it with a hinged long bar and shows another bar to come with it, kinda duck billed on end. says to work on all tires up to 24.5 tubeless. Wish they would show a video on it or sumpin. randyp

Seen a tire shop use them. Seems to work great to break it down.

Still need lots of lube and grunt to put it back though

Hows that air compressor working? looking at maybe getting one

That air compressor is doing outstanding Hat! It starts first pull, runs smooth and quiet, I like the hell out of it. I am giving it a good workout too, dont know how I did without it. It was 799.00 with free shipping. Highly recomend it,,,,randyp

Yeah Paul, I think ad said that also. It shows tire on ground, and guy standing on it with a hinged long bar and shows another bar to come with it, kinda duck billed on end. says to work on all tires up to 24.5 tubeless. Wish they would show a video on it or sumpin. randyp

Here you go,my wife found it! Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nah, just lazy, I look for the least strain to do something, course I'm also a tool addict. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

If I get that tire tool for Christmas she will get a week of pampering.... Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

If I get that tire tool for Christmas she will get a week of pampering.... Paul

Ever priced ESCO stuff? Be sitting down, it is good, but can be expensive. Doesn't quite work 100% like the videos show always neither.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well according to the video Rob, If i buy it, the guy with the hardhat will come change the tire for me, either that or am gonna have to call my attorney,,,LOL The one at Northern Tool isnt esco, looks bout same, but all 3 tools are 289.00. gonna study on it a while. randyp

Well according to the video Rob, If i buy it, the guy with the hardhat will come change the tire for me, either that or am gonna have to call my attorney,,,LOL The one at Northern Tool isnt esco, looks bout same, but all 3 tools are 289.00. gonna study on it a while. randyp
All of the tire busters around here have those, most aren't used much. I've never asked but there has to be a reason for the preference of the tire hammer over this but I don't know why. I'll have to remember to ask. Not to be critical but I enjoyed seeing just how flexible that tire was he was working with. I've busted a lot of tires in my short lifetime and none that are a year old are anywhere near that flexible and jump off the rim as demonstrated. Of course if my gorilla would ever come home, that wouldn't be a problem. Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

All of the tire busters around here have those, most aren't used much. I've never asked but there has to be a reason for the preference of the tire hammer over this but I don't know why. I'll have to remember to ask. Not to be critical but I enjoyed seeing just how flexible that tire was he was working with. I've busted a lot of tires in my short lifetime and none that are a year old are anywhere near that flexible and jump off the rim as demonstrated. Of course if my gorilla would ever come home, that wouldn't be a problem. Rob

Yes, I thought tire was rather unusually limp and flexible, kinda like me after a session with your gorilla,,,randyp

Ever priced ESCO stuff? Be sitting down, it is good, but can be expensive. Doesn't quite work 100% like the videos show always neither.

Rob

we used a air bead buster in the earrly 70,s it would roll the tire,and dig into the bead both sides with these big wheels,,,it wasnt portable,or fast by any means,,but it worked real well on rusted rims,,,but the hammers were usually allot faster,,as long as they werent too rusted,,and of coarse when they domonstrate is using a brand new tire,,and rim.lol.they never work so easy for me.bob

I watched the tire guys do my B earlier this fall. Had this gimzo thing that was effortless and had the tires off in just moments. It wasn't the Esco version. Single tool, popped bead, knocked it loose, flip the tire and it pulls tire off the rim. Wayy too easy.

With all the fighting I did Thursday night doing my pickup tires by hand............sure wished I had something like it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I did that on a backhoe tire David, worked pretty good. I dont own any aluminum or shiny or fancy wheels, too poor. randyp

Wal Mart has a shiny wheel conversion kit in Brite Silver in the Krylon sectrion. :twothumbsup:

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nah,,,most of the time mine are covered in pond sludge, cow doodoo, and other stinky things. It would be like putting lipstick on a pig,,,,randyp

Might look good, I put a tube sock on my grandsons snake....helped it's looks in my eyes...

post-3242-0-39702800-1323818707_thumb.jp

P.T.CHESHIRE