Junk Yard Photos

Here are some photos I just took from our bone yard...We have lots of other stuff too, but the "Old Section" of the yard is grown over with weeds right now. Enjoy!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Some are listed, but we just got several of them...I need to find the vins and submit them for the registry. These photos are just from one corner of the yard (the B section) you should see some of the other stuff back there! Old buses, old ford and chevy vans, fire trucks! :pat: Tons of cool stuff just rusting away. I will get some more pics when I can...

bmodel_logo.png

Well Barry,

I remember when I came out to pick up the cab and wandered around in that yard for a little bit. Hasn't changed much since then, weeds are a little taller! You really need to talk the boss into getting a crew out there to "tend" to those trucks before Mother Nature takes them to the point of no return. OR just build a really big building over everything!

T.

I'll have to look at the old fire trucks, I think they are all Mack (there is at least 2 or 3 down in the yard) I don't really know the story of all the trucks...most of them were traded in or bought for scrap years ago. We have just started buying B's for used parts, etc...I'll try to post more pics soon!

bmodel_logo.png

Stop in some afternoon and we'll go look around! I need to get more photos anyway...

The best yard around is Gerharts in Lititz, PA...don't miss the truck show Oct 1st...you can walk all around the junk yard. There are trucks and heavy equipment there.

bmodel_logo.png

Stop in some afternoon and we'll go look around!  I need to get more photos anyway...

The best yard around is Gerharts in Lititz, PA...don't miss the truck show Oct 1st...you can walk all around the junk yard.  There are trucks and heavy equipment there.

I just about cant wait! 2 months and counting down for lititz show. How many of you are going. I would like to meet some of the the people that I "talk" to on here and on the phone. I didnt even know of the junkyard... wow! is this like "mackstock" or what?

Fred :SMOKIE-LFT:

15 gears...no waiting!

I don't know what it is about derelict Macks/trucks but I love seeing them as much as I love seeing active examples. Possibilities!

There's an Australian version of Mackstock happening later this month at the Road Transport Hall of Fame in Alice Springs for their 10th anniversary. Convoys going from all over the country, one of the guys in Queensland was organising a B Model Gathering. I won't be there, unfortunately, but can't wait to see the pics!

Thanks for the pics, Barry, I'll have to get to posting some of my derelict shots on here!

:mack1:

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Those are some great pictures. I made the third one my desktop backgroud.

I am checking out all the emblems and bulldogs. I have the :mack1: from the B model on top of my monitor. Every year at the Macungie truck show I look for some cheap nice old ones for my cubical.

Here are some photos I just took from our bone yard...We have lots of other stuff too, but the "Old Section" of the yard is grown over with weeds right now. Enjoy!

Hey Barry,

is that superliner for sale in the bottom roght side pic, if so can i hav some info on it anything would be appreciated.

Thanks Chad

user posted image

Hey Barry,

is that superliner for sale in the bottom roght side pic, if so can i hav some info on it anything would be appreciated.

Thanks Chad

Chad, it is for sale, but I don't know any details on it. You can call Jim Watt Sr. at: 1-888-304-6225 and he can give you the run down on it. I do know that the cab is pretty rough! But it does have an E9 in it! :D

bmodel_logo.png

The third picture has a stubby nosed Mack, what model is that? I saw one before and herd they are rare.

Thats a C model Mack, built from 1963 to 1965. It is pretty rare, they only made 1,589 of them. They used B model fenders and L model cabs. Short nose too, only three feet long like a B-67 but more room in the cab! Take it easy... Art :thumb:

Chad, it is for sale, but I don't know any details on it. You can call Jim Watt Sr. at: 1-888-304-6225 and he can give you the run down on it. I do know that the cab is pretty rough! But it does have an E9 in it! :D

Hey Barry Thanks alot ill try to give him a call sometime this week and an e9 now im really interested!

Thanks again Chad

user posted image