Chrome valve covers for a v8 E9

Trent,

Just to clarify, You could not get the E9 in a CH, only in a CL. As far as Chrome Valve covers, I don't know, never seen chrome valve covers offered from the factory and I was selling Macks in the late '90's during the demise of the E9 (sad days). I think it would have to have been done on an individual basis.

T.

I beleive those are polished aluminum stockers ..klots of time and elbow grease..... i hope to try that with some 12v71 covers i have...cast aluminum is hard to polish nice as it often has pitting thta shows up..those e9s look good..his truck is sweet i have a bunch of other pics of it but no wengine shots i'll have to add that one any more engine shots from it?..

thanks

Deo

Keep on keeping on...

I don't care what anybody says...chrome valve covers on a E9 is flat out sexy!  :SMOKIE-LFT:

You got that right. Any V8, be it a Cummins 903 or Detroit 8V are at their sultry best with chrome valve covers glaring at you. Chrome is expensive in these OSHA regulated times but gee whiz, big valve covers do look good when dazzled up.

First strip all the paint from your stock valve covers using a die grinder with a ScotchBrite wheel. Then find someone in your area that does metal finishing for chrome. All metal for chroming has to be polished, no scratches or marks. Once that cast alum. is preped for chrome it looks just as good. This is what I did on my E9. Once they are polished out maintainence is no harder than polishing a set of wheels or fuel tanks. The company I used for polishing was H&H Polishing in Charlotte NC. I don' have their phone # but you can probably get it from 411. I believe the cost was $30 or $40 per cover. Cheap enough to be stylin and profilin!

• 12 years later...

Has anyone taken a video of Willard Good's LTL with engine running and moving from a truck show? It would be a sound and sight to see Phantom 554 run - and does anyone know what the 554 is?

And I read that Willard operates his LTL during the summer season carting grains, from the pictures I have found he seems to have 2 grain trailers

727368692_DSCN1598-vi1.jpg.313a235620510cf1ec2c1279535c80ff.jpg2121232080_100_21711.thumb.jpg.62dc601ce2c9e91bbeb16d86ace65e39.jpg

LTL blue - white strip with E9 and tipper Willard Good no1.jpg

Mack LTL Willard Good.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you Brocky. And by chance last night looking at Superliners on youtube I found a short video of Willard arriving at a truck show with his LTL, bob tail and reversing into his parking spot - it looks and sounds terrific, the E9 is a perfect match in his LTL

I will try copy the youtube video and post here.

Imagine driving along side of Willard's LTL pulling his loaded hopper or dump tipper on a highway, would be a video to watch but without the glam music some of the people load onto their videos - just the truck on the highway and the motor whistling, 2-3 minutes would be a pleasure, no more needed

• Like 1