Pictures of the Week

other dog

On 5/19/2024 at 1:46 PM, mowerman said:

I’ve been by Yellowstone with a big rig never in it have seen the Grand Canyon really old lady talking about renting a camper and taking our dogs to Yellowstone after retirement

GO FOR IT !!  don't wait . how lucky You are to have a mate wanting to see the USA before it get's screwed up. bought the GMC 2500 diesel to pull a full size travel home (not a camper ). only to have some one (you figure who) to say " I don't want to )  so much to see in this AMERICAN  country . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Congratulations OD.  Now you can have some fun with the truck . Seemed like you were getting a little disgusted (who wouldn't)  That truck probably hasn't run like that in years, sounds pretty good in the videos.  Non ethanol and you should be good for a while.   Good to see it all worked out.

I’m sure most of us figured it was something small nice to see. He got it going. Lots of fun to be made with that truck.,,, bob

16 hours ago, Mark T said:

Congratulations OD.  Now you can have some fun with the truck . Seemed like you were getting a little disgusted (who wouldn't)  That truck probably hasn't run like that in years, sounds pretty good in the videos.  Non ethanol and you should be good for a while.   Good to see it all worked out.

I'm pretty sure it hasn't, a guy who knows the truck, and some of it's history, said the last...3  I think, previous owners just took it to truck shows and it always arrived on a trailer. The rest of the time it sat in a building somewhere, for the most part anyway. I did see a picture of it pulling a milk tanker in a parade, and the guy that knew of it saw the same picture and said it was early 2000's and it was a show truck since then.

FB_IMG_1713367971886.thumb.jpg.ad4fe3f159ab6922694645473872025c.jpg

I might not drive it very far, but I'm going to make it a point to drive it somewhere often. That was the biggest issue with the B53S mixer I had, it sat too much.

We talked to a guy about painting it a month ago, and he just stopped by the other day. He paints right up the road from here in the big building across from the stop sign, where some cars and pickups are sitting, you can see it in the video. He said we would be looking at around 10 grand to paint it and do the body work. That's about twice as much as I expected.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

46 minutes ago, harrybarbon said:

thought about a hood ornament - flying lady or swan? KTI was my R200 - 180 turbo Cummins, 10 spd overdrive R/R, high speed diff with 2 speed and Page and Page pusher axle.

It was a fully imported from US, one of the later R models sold here. The other R200 is an early 60's model with the Richardson cab that was made in Sth Australia for Inter, it was the old Dodge cabin that fitted exactly with the Inter guards. We got the Inter comfo vision from 1963, way better than the Dodge cab. 

P7140006.JPG

30 March 2024.jpg

Wow, super nice looking truck!

• Like 1

Does the R have a longer hood than the V models? Kind of looks like it, but it might be an optical illusion too.

I was thinking- not too hard, but thinking- about how neat it would be to have a 6-71 in that truck when I was having all that trouble trying to get it to run. I just didn't think it would fit without a lot of cutting, chopping, grinding, welding, sawing, drilling, hammering, and cussing. A 4-53 would probably be a lot easier, but still not a driveway job.

Notice the steel bud wheels retained on the 1964 R model import, whereas all the bigger US trucks, delivered in Aust, like the Inter 180, 190 and 200's had spider wheels. The smaller Inter pick ups had steel buds. The British and European trucks all had steel bud wheels and different threads, US - SAE, Europe - metric and UK - Whitworth (British Standard Whitworth). Trailer threads were all SAE. Turntables (5th wheels) were SAE. So 2 sets of spanners and wheel tools were carried.

24 minutes ago, other dog said:

Does the R have a longer hood than the V models? Kind of looks like it, but it might be an optical illusion too.

I was thinking- not too hard, but thinking- about how neat it would be to have a 6-71 in that truck when I was having all that trouble trying to get it to run. I just didn't think it would fit without a lot of cutting, chopping, grinding, welding, sawing, drilling, hammering, and cussing. A 4-53 would probably be a lot easier, but still not a driveway job.

This was the 180 Cummins, it is very close to the fire wall. The fire wall was not cut or modified. I think the 671 would maybe need a fire wall modification. The V6-653 and the 453's were relatively easy to fit. My dad and the mechanic from the company that imported/sold the GM's usually retro fitted the 453 into his R190's during a weekend. There was no modification to the fire wall. They had all the parts etc ready for the job, including 2 new round cyl diesel fuel tanks, exhaust pipe and fittings. I was a kid then and I was the helper, 2 long days. The fun time was first start of the engine, late Sunday afternoon. They were noisy motors. Cummins was quieter. 

I think the hoods were very close or the same length because the cab and mounting, frame (Chassis) and front axle were the same positions. It looks longer, deceiving. That frame was universally used for various models, including the VCO (first low rise Emeryville cab overs). The VCO's had the same V8 motor as your V model, early ones and most were the 345's and later the 392's. The 345 and 392 were very popular and common in the concrete agi trucks here up to the late 1980's which ran on LPG. 

You have a top Inter, congratulations.

P7140021.JPG

• Like 1