1972 Loadstar , my love for loadstars continues .

1 hour ago, 66dc75 said:

The beginning of the loadstar cab 1957

20230418_155552.jpg

I find that interesting. I never saw the resemblance before.  I wonder if the doors  are interchangeable . Is the dash exact same too?   Very cool looking rig . Thanks for sharing . 

Keith 

16 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

I find that interesting. I never saw the resemblance before.  I wonder if the doors  are interchangeable . Is the dash exact same too?   Very cool looking rig . Thanks for sharing . 

I think I can use loadstar glass in the doors. I need new ones so I'm hoping.

• Like 1

Glass shop can cut anything as long as it’s straight. I bought two of them in the San Fernando Valley California years and years ago for a  F model . The guy actually had two of them already cut in stock…. Glass shop. Bob

1 hour ago, RoadwayR said:

I think the Loadstar cab has a different roof, firewall, and floor than the A series, but a lot of the rest of it is the same.  

Yup the roof on the loadstar was taller

• Like 2

Same with the Fleetstar A, it was a closer match to the A series, but the floor pan, firewall dash and roof were different stampings.  Early Fleetstar's and Loadstars were more closely related.  Look at/to the lower outer corner of the windshield, and the difference will be more evident. 

• Like 1

Any closer to finding out what it was ?  This truck stirred up memories for lots of us  here I think.  Back when the Internationals were everywhere I never concidered them the handsome trucks they were.  ( I also like the little teaser  of the R700 in the frame picture )

• Like 2