Well, shhhhh...oot!...Again

other dog

I posted some pictures of the dry rot cracks in my tires a while back. I must have deleted them off the phone, I don't see them now. Anyhow, I was driving down 501 heading to Gladys to get some more stuff today when I experienced sudden and catastrophic tire failure. No worries though, I have a friend in Ohio who's on the way here with a can of Fix-A-Flat now.

PXL_20230708_153358439.thumb.jpg.2e8c5657299383fec72f2d5970241ea0.jpg

• Haha 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Sh*t happens indeed. Sorry to see the tyre didn't hold on enough miles for you.

Wonder which size a can of Fix-a-Flat is needed for the case. My guess is 33" OD 12.5" tall or larger.

• Haha 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Just now, other dog said:

It's good to have friends. I told Zina that I might as well go back home and get a jack and take the tire off so I could take it somewhere and get a new tire put on the wheel. About the only tire place that was open was Walmart. So she called our next door neighbor in Gladys to ask if her husband Travis had a jack I could borrow, since we were closer to Gladys than Spout Spring at the time. 

And Travis said he'd do better than that. He came out with his pickup and tools- he used to drive a service truck doing road calls- and also an old tire that he had that was the right size. He had a floor jack and an electric impact wrench, we had the flat off in a few minutes, then we went to a garage in Gladys that was open. They took my tire off, put his on, but it had a small hole in the sidewall. So we plugged the hole in the sidewall, which you're not supposed to do but it was an emergency fix. Then it had another hole in the sidewall. Instead of fixing the second hole the guy at the garage had a used 31" tire that he put on it.

Sounds like the wind blows to the better. I was just going to ask did you have another dry cracked tyre for the swap? 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

12 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

Sh*t happens indeed. Sorry to see the tyre didn't hold on enough miles for you.

Wonder which size a can of Fix-a-Flat is needed for the case. My guess is 33" OD 12.5" tall or larger.

Yes, I'm thinking maybe he should bring 2 cans 🤣

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I saw there's a new portable compressor on the market. It looks like a cordless impact but has a hose coming out of it where you'd put a socket on. thing must work great, shows them blowing up a truck tire...... and a basketball.  Even has a LED light and digital pressure read out.  What more could a man ask for ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

I saw there's a new portable compressor on the market. It looks like a cordless impact but has a hose coming out of it where you'd put a socket on. thing must work great, shows them blowing up a truck tire...... and a basketball.  Even has a LED light and digital pressure read out.  What more could a man ask for ?

As seen onTV.

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!!!!!!😁

• Haha 2

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

24 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

As seen onTV.

There was (lol)  you could get two for shipping and handling .  I know my IR 5 horse is going straight to the scrap guy.

• Haha 1

i bought my 88 F-SuperDuty new with a little over 400 miles on it. converted to single wheel 4X4 by 1,000 miles. 
has a little over 496,000 miles on it and never had a flat. 

i still have the original spare out in the garage too. but no way i would even think of using a 35 year old tire.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

5 hours ago, tjc transport said:

As seen onTV.

THERE IS! Advertisement l saw was a compact unit that was a jack, an impact wrench, and air hose the size of a lunch box. What more could you ask for?!     .....Hippy

2 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i bought my 88 F-SuperDuty new with a little over 400 miles on it. converted to single wheel 4X4 by 1,000 miles. 
has a little over 496,000 miles on it and never had a flat. 

i still have the original spare out in the garage too. but no way i would even think of using a 35 year old tire.

Well, mine has never left the tire rack underneath the bed. I don’t know why it wouldn’t still be good. It doesn’t get any sun beating on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, other dog said:

Oh man, I just remembered - I have a bicycle pump!..somewhere. If I'd only had it with me and some Monkey Grip patches I would have been back on the road in just a few minutes!

Tom, I think they call it shitten in  tall cotton 

• Haha 1