"Old" tires

Excellent thank you I just walked outside to take another look at them and yes, all eight drives are definitely junk. Even the ones that have a little rubber on them. Funny part last time I put air in them was around 20 years ago and some of them are still rock hard must be magic tubes ha ha. 

Boy, the hornets should get comfortable on that thing. I just sprayed the hell out of it last weekend open the door to start it and noticed they’re still flying all around it. They’re either tough hornets or I didn’t put enough spray.

We have a couple of Shadetree tire shops in town here cash money I might be able to find something a little bit more good used not to be bad mouthing anybody but container. Haulers are usually Mexican or Iranian around here. I’m thinking might be able to swing a little bit shady deal with one of them ha ha who knows Bob

I dunno were you blokes are shopping, I just did a quick Google and there's no shortage of 11R  22.5 tyres  for sale in Australia for under 300 bucks Australian 

Yeah they will be cheap Chinese stuff but I bet they'll last fine on a toy hauler or any of our hobby trucks, even for the bloke running around town for a living

Dunno about 24.5 as I  have never seen them in Australia 

Paul 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I did some googling for 12 R 24.5's 

Well they are gunna be hard to find in Australia but what I did find was ove4 a grand, maybe 1300 bucks, phew

That doesn't even roll off the tounge any good 

Paul 

That’s a lot of bucks,different market over there for sure..

3 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

a friend runs the double coins. he has never had any issues with them. 

we run coopers because the dealer is next door to the old shop. 

I used to run them,talked to u about them,they went way up almost 700 each,first time I bought them was under 400 I think 375 ..Even the double coins are getting crazy expensive..

• Like 1

The 12- 24.5 Double coin are a different tread design than the smaller sizes,I really like them an they are wearing great,and like I posted before the Road Crew brand are Double Coin but much cheaper,about 200 per tire cheaper..

9 hours ago, mowerman said:

ya for recreation toy thats not going to see much highway,if any  i will certainly look for best for less...bob

To be honest I don't even ask for a price

A new Chinese tyre and rim for a spider (dayton) are about 300 bucks including tax

All I gotta do is pop the on the spider 

They are cheap, a lot cheaper than a tube, tyre amd rust band and give less trouble and last longer

Paul

Spokes?  Don't the 11.00/22 convert to 11r 24.5 rims?

10.00/20 convert to 22.5.

As for Double coin tires?  I do run chinese tires on my trailer(15") but I replace them after 5 yrs.  I don't know if I want to cut corners to just have to replace them sooner?  I think it all boils down to personal preference.  I don't mind spending a bit more to feel more comfortable(reliable) with something other then a "cheap" chinese tire.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

2 hours ago, hicrop10 said:

I’m looking to replace my tires on my 79 r model,it has 1100/22 on it now.Can’t seem to find them,so I was thinking of going with new wheels and 11r22..5 what are you throughts.What size tire replaced the 1100/22 is there one?

An 11/22 is a 12/24.5.  11/24.5 will go right on yours'  but you may need different spacers and wedges.  An 11/24.5 will be a little smaller than a 11/22, and depending on manufacturer you may not even notice.  !!!!!  22.5 is tubeless 20" and 24.5 is tubeless 22" !!!!!   AND 24" tube type is a whole different animal all by itself.  Confused yet ? (lol)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped in the local Service Tire Truck Center (multiple locations VA to NY) for a quote on 11r22.5s. They priced six Kelly 146k Armoursteel all positions @$356 each and install on bare wheel @ $25 each. Also gave a quote on Coopers four Work Series RHD H 1 drives @ $482 each and two  Work Series RHA H 1 steers @ $468. No price reductions in sight.

From what I’m seeing 350 is about the best you’re going to do I still haven’t looked into the rims I would really like to get rid of all my split rims and go tubeless I haven’t really done anything yet. As I mentioned around here do I have a lot of container chassis word spoke wheels I am hoping to find some good take offs mounted…. Bob