Old n new

66dc75

I have been to the Autocar factory for a tour and this conventional cab would be awesome as a tractor. I hope that their sales/engineering departments come together and start building these as a tractor version instead of refuse/ mixer versions only. What a beast!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

I have heard people call it ugly but I think they did a really good job making it look like an Autocar. 

I agree, I think if they sold them out here I would be at the dealers door a while ago with a cheque in my hand 

Same if we Mack sold the Pinnacle out here

Anyway they don't sell either out here so I'll just keep what rubbish I have until I find something I like

Paul

On 4/2/2023 at 8:02 PM, navypoppop said:

this conventional cab would be awesome as a tractor. I hope that their sales/engineering departments come together and start building these as a tractor version

I agree,!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

21 hours ago, mechohaulic said:

If a KW triaxle few yrs back was 240K ; what's the black beauty ??300K + $$$$ today numbers unreal. wreckers going for million plus etc. have to do a lot of dirt hauling to make that truck pay for itself. 

Well, last one in 2020, loaded Star 4900 tri-axle dump was $240,000 Canadian. I'm sure they are more than that now post covid.

I went to work at a mine after I quit trucking and they got me a new T880 2 years ago for a float tractor. Daycab, no sun visor, no radio, no extra gauges, plain as you could get and they paid $190,000 tax in for it. I think they got ripped off, LOL

I read an article a while back from International and they were predicting the death of the owner operator with the next round of emissions laws. They were predicting a tractor will be approaching 280 to 300,000.

• Thanks 1

my  2020 T880 loaded was $185,000

the 2022 loaded T880 was $215.

the 2023 T880 on order for september delivery is $265,000

than add on $45,000 for the body

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

3 hours ago, tjc transport said:

my  2020 T880 loaded was $185,000

the 2022 loaded T880 was $215.

the 2023 T880 on order for september delivery is $265,000

than add on $45,000 for the body

Unreal. Yet around here there are still dummies happy to go to work for $70 per hour. 

Don't seem to be any end to this BS. Same with tractors. On the first of the new year Kubota prices in Canada went up 6 to 10 thousand dollars on every model even though they had NO changes or updates at all.

I was in the process of buying an M7060 cab for 66 grand and on the first it went to 72,614 so I cancelled. I'll keep all the stuff I currently have.

11 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

Unreal. Yet around here there are still dummies happy to go to work for $70 per hour. 

Don't seem to be any end to this BS. Same with tractors. On the first of the new year Kubota prices in Canada went up 6 to 10 thousand dollars on every model even though they had NO changes or updates at all.

I was in the process of buying an M7060 cab for 66 grand and on the first it went to 72,614 so I cancelled. I'll keep all the stuff I currently have.

Yup pretty criminal! 

There’s an outfit here in Reno construction. They are starting to buy some of those. I seen a couple out there this morning but yes, crazy prices these days. I’m just glad I’m not looking for a Truck…. Bob

2 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

This truck was 94k in 01

160 10 years later and now north of 250k

I will be pushing it to jobs before I spend that kind of money. 

20210726_094918.jpg

No worries! That is 100 times more reliable than ANY new truck you can buy today, LOL

10 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

No worries! That is 100 times more reliable than ANY new truck you can buy today, LOL

yup the chances of any of this new stuff reaching 2o years old is slim!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

We had really good luck with our T 800 Kenworth a few years ago now here recently are 579 Peterbilt seem to be doing real well staying out of the shop And the Kenworth 680s are always in there . Bob