Really Strong CH

years back I went to the truck drag races in englishtown NJ. also to the poconos to watch the class 8 big rigs go on circular track. have to say these videos are truly insane to watch. would expect to see driveshafts laying on the ground with the torque put through them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark T said:

Hard to believe components can take it.

It sure is hard to believe 

These get more abuse in a few minutes than most trucks ever get

When I first saw videos like this I thought to myself "you've gotta see this before you fall off the perch Pauly boy"

Looks like a lotta fun just to go for a look 

Paul

• Like 1

not like they are bob tail or empty trailers. there's some serious weight being pulled.  even if they are Owner operators having respect to their vehicle ;; which i doubt . the bragging rights over rule care and caution by looks of the front ends off the ground. must be loud and FUN to attend.

25 minutes ago, mechohaulic said:

even if they are Owner operators having respect to their vehicle ;; which i doubt .

Whoever they are? they clearly have more Money than Sense..! IMHO

But; to each their own..!!

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

A while back, truck pulls were all the rage around here for a short time. Guy was going on and on telling me all about how far each guy went and what broke n all.

I told him my one tractor drug 25 tons of coal all the way to Lake George, and then it drug another 25 tons of stone back here.   His response ???   "you're an a$$ hole" 😂

I guess different guys use trucks for different reasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

for the most part vehicles used in truck pulls are made for pulling competition . that video looks to be daily runners just being abused. I'll  stay on the spectator side of the fence ;; not the paying for broken parts side. Englishtown Dragway back in the '80's held the truck drags. one black pete conventional held everyone attention.  driver took off the rear tires put  mounted tire casing ,allowed for lest chance of drive line failure.  chain binder on rears to stop hop; removed fan. air filters . 86 mph. for a daily driver back then it was impressive.

I know a bunch of these guys. Those trucks all go back to work Monday morning. And they all pull trains of lumber and or logs/chips at 140,000 pounds.

Ya, sometimes something breaks down the road, but usually not. They tell me the clutch takes the most abuse.

31 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

I know a bunch of these guys. Those trucks all go back to work Monday morning. And they all pull trains of lumber and or logs/chips at 140,000 pounds.

Ya, sometimes something breaks down the road, but usually not. They tell me the clutch takes the most abuse.

There's one where a guy goes for a ride along and videos it. That footage from inside the truck doesn't look anywhere near as abusive as from the outside.  

Volvo knows how but choose not to. They killed off their own large Volvo years ago but I don't remember the model name or number but it was a beast. They probably will destroy Mack rather than sell it to any company. Very sad way for the best truck of all time to die a slow death.