Pictures of the Week

other dog

I also liked the brush strokes in the paint job... I have a truck with the same style of paint work..   Just blue and white... :) ..  jojo

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I also liked the brush strokes in the paint job... I have a truck with the same style of paint work..   Just blue and white... :) ..  jojo

I had a 71 F100 that I painted at home in the driveway with a brush and red implement paint from the hardware store when I lived in Appomattox. Didn't look bad at all, at least not compared to what it looked like at first 🤣

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I bought the '49 EE dump the paint was a little faded and couldn't trailer home a rusty junk. wipe the entire unit down with some thinner; started at the left front ; sprayed the entire truck in primer. by the time i got back to the front primer was "dry". changed the gun to mack red i found at the shop and repeated the process. wouldn't say it looked like a million bucks= maybe  750 K (from a distance of course) LOL. quick brush and silver paint and all the chrome window trim was "brand new".. the fun days .. 

• Like 1

First vehicle I bought in Southern California was a 51 Chevy half ton from a black preacher he was way cool but it was all brush painted… it looked pretty good blue and black great truck of course I wish I still had it .. Bob

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

There's probably a hole in it somewhere. 

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I'll just put a can of stop-leak in it. Black pepper might work too, works good in a leaking radiator.

• Like 1

I finally got around to putting that new brake booster on today.

bb29055.jpg.3a459f38b96a9caad18e62f00cd748bb.jpg

So here's a girl I saw walking around in the Piggly Wiggly in Winfall.

hot28080.jpg.51d285c4e30aa708e7410ab674b80862.jpg

Anyway, no more vacuum leak like with the old booster-

bb290577.jpg.8fdf00c59b92e31c79bc152ab1798de9.jpg

...but I don't have much pedal now. The brakes work, and I never disconnected the brake lines from the master cylinder, but the pedal goes almost to the floor. I checked the rod coming out that goes into the master cylinder, and they were the same length. Maybe they need to be adjusted up a little, I don't know.

So here's a girl drinking a Miller Lite. I like Miller Lite myself.

511427903_millerlitesm.jpg.cae0048491e3b5ebe3f150fa5a0d156f.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds like the brakes might need adjusting, as long as when the pedal fully returns the master cylinder can fully return I think it should be okay

Also might have some air in the system that now has more force from the new booster to push it and that might be the reason for the extra pedal

Paul 

• Like 1

For a top job with No less brush strokes

stand the paint tin in hot water so when U apply by brush the paint will run together

681fcdec0eb618a11cf0dc76f4bbb0f5.jpg

carefull ............ U cood put an eye out with those

159677-250x400-Painted_on_swimsuit.jpg

Just paint on to your own desire

LOL

• Like 1

I'm sure Timmy sprayed the truck, he used leftover paint from when he painted this Freightliner so I don't know where the brush marks came from. There was a can of red paint left in the body with a stiff dried up brush stuck in it, so maybe he went over thin spots with the brush or something, I don't know. But there's still some over-spray on the glass and around the windshield trim. There was a lot on the grill too, until I rust-oleumorized it.

Chief24376.jpg.c417d444c2a733ff45d7cc8f40678582.jpg

• Like 1