1941 Mack EH saved from recycling

Hey 41 don’t make a rat rod outa it, restore it back to original. There’s plenty of inters etc to make rat rods, not a classic Mack. If you go ahead u gotta find a big Detroit,  Or sell it to me.

• Like 1

No one has said build a Oval Track Racer out of it yet. It's easy to assume someone might want to take the easy method and build a Rod but, a real Mack truck guy would search and get it back to it's original state of purpose. Just saying. Parts are out there but people are saving those parts for Dooms Day coming. They are afraid they will cheat themselves out of a fair price. There I said it, and glad I did.   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 66dc75 said:

You're doing the right thing as far as I can see. You'll end up with something that will be used and enjoyed instead of a fifty thousand dollar restoration that will be worth 25k when done. You can spend years looking for non existent parts and not get anywhere.  My b model on a chevy 3/4 ton chassis is my daily driver in the spring summer and early fall.

The truth is there is no right thing to please everyone and at the end of the day as long as we are happy with what we have done that is all that matters

Oh and by the way, your Chevy B model came out pretty stylish and I  certainly would enjoy it as a daily driver 

Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

The truth is there is no right thing to please everyone and at the end of the day as long as we are happy with what we have done that is all that matters

Oh and by the way, your Chevy B model came out pretty stylish and I  certainly would enjoy it as a daily driver 

Paul

Thanks Paul

On 5/22/2022 at 4:02 AM, 41MackEH said:

I will be posting pictures and will keep everyone updated on the build. 

Ben, Please Do..!!!

12 hours ago, 41MackEH said:

Haven't decided on engine yet but leaning towards a hot Ford 300 straight six

They're a good old Motor.. Dad had a F700 with one he repowered It with a 351.. Was pretty much a step Sideways IMHO... all he gained was the V8 Burble

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -