Shop Talk

Onyx610

That’s excellent I passed three of them on 80 around one week ago they were all riding together. One of them had a radio they were all mint  condition. I don’t know where they were going. They were headed east around Lovelock Nevada.

My Uncle collected model T Fords years ago and stored them at Mum abd Dads

Mum cracked it one day and Dad pushed the lot into a gully with the RD6 Caterpillar 

All this stuff that got pushed into the gully

Dad was buying exarmy Indians and Harleys for next to nothing used them on the farm and they all suffered the same fait

Bloody criminal really but Dad couldn't see the value in this stuff

Paul

• Sad 1

This was built at a local shop and we are grateful for it they built an improved version and that’s how we got this rear steer lowboy sure makes it easier to get around when you have miles of tight turns and alot of switchbacks the driver at the back will suffer dusty conditions but 

IMG_0750.jpeg

• Like 2

FB_IMG_1699435996817.thumb.jpg.5dda35c03c5607b279aa4fed2f21059a.jpgFB_IMG_1699436193652.jpg.45c1f791e39104c8f2cd18ddd7b94dc3.jpgFB_IMG_1699436152436.thumb.jpg.aa346f11a87ace07d39e64af6a6bd8fb.jpgFB_IMG_1699436183184.jpg.e7687c79b1b1427f730148bfa2da3612.jpgNewZealand back in the 70s or maybe late 60's built self steering trailers

High speed trailers that the back end steers itself around the corner

A really really smart simple design that works unbelievably well

The trailer tracks pretty much exactly the same as the prime mover

I can try and explain how they work but it is something you have to see with your own eyes

Anyway, if I get talking about these wonders of wonderment I'll be here all night

I tend to like really simple yet really smart ideas like these trailers

Oh NewZealand has very few roads you can do 60 MPH for only a few mile at best before a sharp turn, some days a twist and turn all day

A amazing place to visit if you ever get the chance, the pictures of NewZealand dont do it justice

Paul

• Like 1

Ha ha my brand not sure how this conversation keeps swinging one way to the next interesting to follow. I guess in a shop talk could include anything including paps blue ribbon it’s the best I used to drink Budweiser for years and years. Once they sell the company it doesn’t have any more flavor….. Pabst is still full on…. Bob

• 4 weeks later...

The tri axle is one that I did a lot of work too..  No paint work.  I did engine, trans, all suspension replacement, wheel ends, electrical, and more..   He saw the RW on my business card and went nuts..   He has 4 of them now..  the one in the above pics is an E-9 500,  and a 15 sp. Eaton..  I have about 3 total hours in the Big Seat..  it's nice..  Jojo

The name ''GSD''  means......  Get SH!T Done !!  He's a character..  

I have done a lot of work for him and his company..  since I left to work for the city, I was told today that some of the work I used to do is now being sent to Upstate N.Y.  to one of our BMT Brothers..  They are great at what they do..  I would like to post their name but dont know if it is appropriate. Jojo

Mech,,  it is...  the blower and condensor core is under the passanger seat..  it uses the engine mounted compressor.  It works better than your typical 'R' A/C system, but adding a fan in the cab to circulate helps..  

I am mainly dealing with the whole EV fiasco right now. Charging stations take forever to get installed. You should see them! They have been pushing piles of dirt back and forth for months, always on break or "waiting for El Jefe".  Months and months. They get paid overtime. They are always on their phones or taking break. There are 4 main contractors doing all of the work and a few doing tiny tid bits. Proterra is bankrupt and parts supply is a joke. Luckily, not many people want electric RV's or trucks but we still have to offer them, work on them and charge them. Parts for everything else is pretty bad too. It's better than last year but not great. And I still have people bitching about how much things cost. I don't want to hear it. It's a whole new world now, and by the time I go to work tomorrow, the whole game could be entirely different. Hope you all have a good day at work. And remember, there is a really big world outside of work. Take some time off if you can. It will all be waiting for you when you get back, same old s***t