Shop Talk

Onyx610

2 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I first watched one fathers day years ago now

Saw a Mack bulletin at Mack Townsville one day, that was maybe a year or two before seeing the film

Reckon I read the print off the pages 

I did share the scans of the pages here back then 

Had a quick search for them but no luck at this stage 

Paul 

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

Well, I got me another C-10 to fix..  1976...The factory 454, is knocking.. I hope its just a bent pushrod or something top end..   My brother in-law just had to win the street race....  So we bought the truck for a few bucks......  When I'm better, I will start on it,  (diag.)   Jojo

KIMG1192.JPG

Alright…big block! Now put a nice lopey cam in there when you got it apart. 

I thought about it Onyx...  years ago I put a new distributor, mid rise, Edelbrock Performer intake, Edelbrock carb,  water pump, thermostat, radiator,,  and something else i'm sure, got it tuned and,,, My brother in-law enjoyed the power, a bit too much..   My plan is to put a decent cam,  maybe smaller than a .49 thumper, like whats in my 400..  I also need to freshen up the Turbo 400,  and a new torque converter...  and pull the diff. cover off and see if it's ok...  Of course I still need to get My '48 Int. KB-7 on the road..  I still have a bit more to do to her '81 C-10..   

output_image1663191916419.jpg

• Like 2

the 454 truck is factory..   and yes,  it would be a hell of a street rod.. as far as the black one,,,   I wont mess with it...  it really is a pleasure to drive as it is...  it would be cool  if I had the '48 done with a good flat bed on it and put one of the C-10's on it and Terri drives the other C-10 to local shows...  

KIMG0719.JPG

• Like 2

My wife is taking me to Mt. Airy N.C. to the Mayberry truck show this morning..  Maybe I will get to meet some of you at the show..   She woke me up and surprised me just a bit ago..   :) .. jojo

• Like 2