Finally got a B-75

My plans are to put the body on an '87 valueliner with a 350 and a T-2090 and nu-way air ride. I was thinking about putting the intercooler up front and laying the radiator flat behind the cab with electric fans on it. If that's not enough to keep it cool one fuel tank will become a coolant reservoir. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dogg rescue said:

My plans are to put the body on an '87 valueliner with a 350 and a T-2090 and nu-way air ride. I was thinking about putting the intercooler up front and laying the radiator flat behind the cab with electric fans on it. If that's not enough to keep it cool one fuel tank will become a coolant reservoir. 

I am not familiar with either the B-75 or the Valueliner but, if you haven't already, check the axle widths. I am doing a B-61 and the frame is 2" narrower than a more modern truck (other makes. I haven't checked more current Macks) and the front bumpers are 4" wider on a modern truck than my B61. You may have to widen the fenders to keep the wheel/tires from sticking out past the fenders. Just something to  check. BTW, I like the "coolant reservoir" idea. 

2 hours ago, dogg rescue said:

Bad thing I'm far away. I would gladly purchase the original chassis to make a truck I want some day. Seems the soft skin parts are easier to come by than an unbutchered tandem B-model chassis. BTW why don't you want to just swap in the E6 into the existing truck? Would be about the straight fit. And the main issue I expect is that spoken intercooler. Neway airride can be installed on the existing rails by removing Camelback stand and putting Neway brackets onto together with equalizer beams and Mack axles. And you can do it later as a separate step.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

On 10/16/2021 at 10:50 AM, Licensed to kill said:

I am not familiar with either the B-75 or the Valueliner but, if you haven't already, check the axle widths. I am doing a B-61 and the frame is 2" narrower than a more modern truck (other makes. I haven't checked more current Macks) and the front bumpers are 4" wider on a modern truck than my B61. You may have to widen the fenders to keep the wheel/tires from sticking out past the fenders. Just something to  check. BTW, I like the "coolant reservoir" idea. 

I heard you guys talking about that A couple of weeks ago on the black one I couldn’t figure out what you were talking about and why anybody would want to do that ha ha all makes sense now … bob