wondering why new poster's don't respond to their important questions.

Joey Mack

It's a strange thing, from what I have learnt over the years about forums is that they have a huge membership but really only a dozen or so keep the show on the road normally 

Most come here looking for help and generally a few hang about, dunno why but that seems to be the case on any forum

A forum that is about Cat machines would have to of been the worst mannered forum I have ever been on and a few drove most others away 

A forum is only as good or bad as the people posting on it

Ego's seem to wreck most and a few people are left to pick up the pieces

Sorry not much of a answer 

Paul

• Like 2

yup. ask a question, then 5 minutes later they are back "why no answers? internet says yall are the best. screw yall"

we are supposed to be glued to the monitor just waiting for them to ask a silly question they will not like the answer to and ignore what we say anyway. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I appreciate all of the responses on this one...  I think that there is a tremendouse amount of good info here. I read a lot of posts and learn from many of them and I can also confirm many of the ideas and fixes from my own experience, after 23 years of working on Mack's, as well as driving them too.  When I found this site, I was very happy. I stay here for many reasons now..  anyway.  I was just curious about opinions. thank you all... Joey.  (P.S.   I am glad that there are'nt any Jerks, posting, and insulting others..)

• Like 2

I own a restored car so I joined  several sites that pertain to my car brand and for the most part the one has been very good very few idiots. Now the other site I posted a valid answer to someone's problem and I was heckled over my spelling. I just look at the posts now and I most likely will never offer to give advise on there again. At my age I'm more worried about staying mobile then my spelling. This site I like and have enjoyed being here.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tjc transport said:

or get an answer they do not want to hear and go ask other places until they hear the answer thay want to hear.

I feel this happens more and more these days, maybe Im just getting old and grumpy, dunno but more demand the answer they want to the question they ask than ever before

Quite laughable if you think about it

Paul

Edited by mrsmackpaul
  • Like 1

yup. 

the gauge on my quick fill ac can said it is full. but the ac still cycles. what did i do wrong?

"you need to put a proper AC manifold gauge set on the truck and monitor both high and low pressures, then set refrigerant charge to ambient temperature"

you have no idea what you are talking about.  the guy at the parts store said to just put this can in and i would be good.

"whatever dude, i am the one that is a certified ac repair tech, not the parts store counter monkey."

• Like 1
  • Like 1

dont know youre age, but totaly understand what you say...  im 52 and have been a mechanic since I was 10... bikes, mowers, toys etc...  the last 10 years have blown my mind, only because I thought it was just ... simple....  hat's off to you sir... jojo

Joey, thank you for this post. I feel the same way. I simple thank you to the community for their responses and the fix they found can go a long way. I/we are under no obligation to give advice to anyone, I like most people on this site learned from trial and error that took countless hours, not to forget about the busted knuckles and fingers.

Awesome site and great people. I am glad i found this place.

V

• Like 2

We all may be State's apart, or Countries apart, but what I see is a kinship/friendship/and family...  Just my heart talking here...  In order for us to have the knowledge we have, WE have worked very hard to learn it....  Jojo

10 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

It also shows no matter what part of the world we are from we aren't really that much different 

Paul

Except you fellers drive on the wrong side of the road.🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, tjc transport said:

Except you fellers drive on the wrong side of the road.🤣

You lot used to drive on this side of the road to but changed do to crappy roads in the US at the time 

Im pretty sure I have mentioned this on here before

Paul